Hi, Has anyone had an issue with an Orbea Wild FS Crank bolt falling out?

JackWills97

Apr 30, 2020
CF34, Bridgend
I was riding the other day and my crank came off and the bolt was missing to hold it in place. I've taken the bike to the local LBS and they don't have a replacement or can't seem to source one. the only information I can find about the crank online is that its a PW EB04-NW32 G4, when I google that not a lot comes up. Has anyone had a similar issue ?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
No issues like that with my wild fs so far , but there have been a few threads about others who have had loose crank arms on this bike.

nomad66

Sep 12, 2020
bolton
mines come loose 3 times, luckily i felt the movement b4 i lost the bolt, other day i lost all 4 chain ring bolts, i check them regular now

Mr-EPIC-3

Feb 25, 2020
USA, So Cal
I was riding the other day and my crank came off and the bolt was missing to hold it in place. I've taken the bike to the local LBS and they don't have a replacement or can't seem to source one. the only information I can find about the crank online is that its a PW EB04-NW32 G4, when I google that not a lot comes up. Has anyone had a similar issue ?
Did you find out who make the crankset for Orbea Wild FS? I am guessing that the PW maybe "Praxis Work" they do make alloy & carbon cranksets. I am looking at get the Wild FS, but the specs don't mention what length the crank arm are and what types of hubs are on the wheelset, could you please share that info with me?

JackWills97

Apr 30, 2020
CF34, Bridgend
Did you find out who make the crankset for Orbea Wild FS? I am guessing that the PW maybe "Praxis Work" they do make alloy & carbon cranksets. I am looking at get the Wild FS, but the specs don't mention what length the crank arm are and what types of hubs are on the wheelset, could you please share that info with me?
The cranks are ethirteen not sure on the length, when I go out on the bike next I will have a look and measure them!

Hover Monster

Jan 14, 2021
UK
Same problem here yesterday (bike 6 months old). Having left the hills, heard crank hit road, fortunately bolt was nearby. Intend to raise with vendor & Orbea. Their website doesn't list the bolt as a specific spare however I have found some aftermarket items- not sure if link posting allowed on this forum? Try Lakeland/Tredz/Activesport...none however have stock. Intend to carry a spare in future!

Hover Monster

Jan 14, 2021
UK
Update:-
Torque wrench to 40Nm and so far so good. Orbea support totally dismissive/unhelpful and all they could supply was a link to E-13 website (already found and where no surprise all it says is 8mm Hex and Tq to 40Nm) User Manuals – ethirteen support
Bosch has no detailing either, however e-bikeshop in Farnham confirm it is specific to the Bosch Gen4 and is M15 (M15 suitable for ISIS)...and have two in the post for me.?️‍♂️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles