Hi from the Wye Valley!

Stoddy

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
Wye valley
Focus Jam2 pro, mostly local trails but visit Cannop in the Forest of Dean quite regularly.
Stoddy.
5E792372-97F0-4FCD-AD2F-8F36B5D2304F.jpeg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Yay, another FoDder.

If only there was a thread where we could arrange meets and rideouts...

Stoddy

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
Wye valley
Bit too enthusiastic in the wet! Got the focus out of shape and in to a tree! Off the bike for a short while (nurses orders) ??

E6E592DD-E691-4379-B2E6-5167DF1940EA.jpeg

D5BFBF86-B438-4E8D-9294-6D24BEAA49D6.jpeg

Pottsy

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2018
Northern Ireland
Ouch. In the hope of learning from your misfortune what did your leg connect with?

I ride flats and haven't got myself shin guards yet and was wondering if it was the pedals.

Had u any protection on and did it fail?

Pottsy

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
hope it heal's fast and your back on track soon , stoddy!! I saw your from wye valley, I'm in Australia and there is a wyee about 60mile north of Sydney .

Stoddy

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
Wye valley
Ouch. In the hope of learning from your misfortune what did your leg connect with?

I ride flats and haven't got myself shin guards yet and was wondering if it was the pedals.

Pottsy

Hi Pottsy,
Not sure what my shin hit, think it must've been the pedal, or possible the stem as I left the bike. My riding buddy has just bought some pads with shin guards built in after he connected with a jagged rock! Nurse reckons I'll have a manly scar anyway!
Went to Cannop yesterday and managed to wipe out on the skills loop at the bottom, done my shoulder in now!

Stoddy

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
Wye valley
hope it heal's fast and your back on track soon , stoddy!! I saw your from wye valley, I'm in Australia and there is a wyee about 60mile north of Sydney .
Hey man, thanks for the good wishes! Thats a long way from here huh! do you have nice dry single track year round?

Pottsy

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2018
Northern Ireland

Pottsy

Hi Pottsy,
Not sure what my shin hit, think it must've been the pedal, or possible the stem as I left the bike. My riding buddy has just bought some pads with shin guards built in after he connected with a jagged rock! Nurse reckons I'll have a manly scar anyway!
Went to Cannop yesterday and managed to wipe out on the skills loop at the bottom, done my shoulder in now!
You have convinced me, shin pads ordered. Hope you are on mend including shoulder.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I hope you get fixed up soon! Were you wearing Fox knee guards? Look like you were in the pic. I thought they gave a little bit of shin protection.

Also think we should have a protection thread setup here with some good recommended gear (y)

Stoddy

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
Wye valley
I hope you get fixed up soon! Were you wearing Fox knee guards? Look like you were in the pic. I thought they gave a little bit of shin protection.

Also think we should have a protection thread setup here with some good recommended gear (y)

Yes, fox knee pads but only as far down as the pic shows. Like the idea of a gear thread. We all watching EMBN by the way!? I really like it!
Thanks again for the good wishes. I'm off out now for a gentle one, ending on my favourite trail (missing all the jumps) called The BELL END, cos it ends near the Bell pub where we live!

:love::p(y)

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Hey man, thanks for the good wishes! Thats a long way from here huh! do you have nice dry single track year round?
hey Stoddy,, well mostly dry, but I woke up to pouring rain this morning. but not cold. so you can't tell!!
cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles