Hi from sunny Cyprus

alexis

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2018
Cyprus
Hi y'all
I am new to the forum and hopefully soon will be an e-mtb owner. I have test-ridden a friend's Focus Jam2 and a Trek Powerfly FS5 and loved them both. Also considering a Haibike as the third option. Reading every conceivable article, review, video etc and already an expert without actually owning one. I presently ride a Trek X-Caliber 8 mountain bike and want an e-bike to enable me to join the 30-somethings on their trails - I am more than capable (and often lead them) down the downhills but on the uphills I struggle to keep up with them - I am 59 and overweight!

Any advice (Shimano vs Bosch vs Brose) would be welcome - I've been impressed with the e-mtb mode on the Bosch ...

Alexis

Last edited:

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Sounds like you are doing the same as me , with help from an knowledgable mate , I spent a while looking at the options out there. Geometry became the big one for us when I started comparing enduro ebikes to normal enduro bikes . Ended up buying a commencal meta power , should be here soon

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
hey alexis, welcome, hope you find what works best for you, I too had a trek excaliber 8 now have a levo love it. the focus are nice not many focus here in Australia lot of levo's

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles