Hi from Spain

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
You've come to the right place, plenty of people with plenty of opinions
I personally love my cube....
How much money have you got to spend, that is always a good place to start ?

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Hello,

I am also in Spain! Where are you? Remember to add yourself to the members map in the general section, we need more representation from Spain! What bikes are you looking at?

Pacobiker99

Jan 27, 2019
Madrid
Hi again. I am from Madrid. Already added myself to the map. ;)

I am having a look to the following bikes:
- MERIDA eONE SIXTY
- VITUS E-SOMMET VR
- Fantic XF1 Integra 160
- HAIBIKE XDURO NDURO

I am really happy with the 29" wheels concept of my current Slash. So, the characteristics of the e-bike I am looking for should be:

1. Rear travel of at least 160 mm.
2. Preferably 29" wheels. At least 29" at the front and maybe 27'5 + at the rear.
3. A total weight of around 22 kg.
4. At least 500 Wh. Better a bit more (630).
5. The size of the rear shock is also very important for me. I do not know why most e-bikes have a worse shock than the normal non e-models. In my opinion, it should be the other way around. My current shock is the Fox float X2 size 230 x 60 and it works great. In my future e-bike, I would like to have at least 205 x 60 mm. 205 x 62,5 would be better and 65 mm even better. I do not want shocks with 50 or 55 mm of travel.
6. Finally, the price. No more than 5000...;)

Probably the e-bike I am looking for does not exist yet .... :cry:.......

Last edited:

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Great bikes, good luck! I am in Valencia by the way.
I went for the Haibike flyon allmtn myself.
Let us know what you end up with.

The flyon nduro 8.0 or 10.0 have all the specs you are looking for, even the X2 which is not so common on ebikes. It is 27,5 though... and official price is 7k too, but at least in Valencia you can get some discount though.

Pacobiker99

Jan 27, 2019
Madrid
Great bikes, good luck! I am in Valencia by the way.
I went for the Haibike flyon allmtn myself.
Let us know what you end up with.

The flyon nduro 8.0 or 10.0 have all the specs you are looking for, even the X2 which is not so common on ebikes. It is 27,5 though... and official price is 7k too, but at least in Valencia you can get some discount though.

Please tell me more about the riding experience with your bike. I think is a great choice. Could you tell me the size and type of your rear shock?

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Please tell me more about the riding experience with your bike. I think is a great choice. Could you tell me the size and type of your rear shock?
I have not tried this specific bike as it is not out yet (Flyon). It is suppose to arrive in May and I will of course get to test drive it before purchasing. However, I have reserved it for several reasons: new motor with max. power and no drag, great suspension and the right travel for me, big battery, good components, mixed wheel size, stable geometry but with a flip chip, tech integration (gps chip new flyon display) and looks!
However, I will have to try it to see if the long wheel base and chain stays take the fun out of it. Here is the spec: Haibike | We are ePerformance.

The rear suspension is Fox DPX2 elite 150mm (like factory but in black).

I tried several bikes (trek, specialized and cube). I loved the Cube 160 action team except the motor drag and I chose the Haibike it because it felt like the best sum of parts and new tech with a similar feel.
https://www.cube.eu/es/2019/e-bikes...brid-160-action-team-500-275-actionteam-2019/

However, I still need to try it and see if my intuition is right.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles