Hi from South Gloucestershire (England)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
...though others might call it North Bristol!

Just acquired my first ebike - Whyte E-160 RS V1. 2 rides in and love the bike but hate the brakes (SRAM Code R).
I've heard this mentioned a few times ( re: brakes ) ..
I have the same bike and haven't had a problem at all ..and would go as far as saying that I really like them ..😁
Edit : Welcome by the way..

Last edited:

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
Change the pads to nukeproof sintered ones. I have tried a few on my Whyte with codes. These are by far the best pads for codes. I am going to upgrade the brakes next year though.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If you have just got the bike chances are the pads are not even bedded in yet!! I have Code RE on my Levo and Code RSC on my Whyte...both great brakes.

MartinFa

Nov 3, 2021
South Glos / North Bristol
If you have just got the bike chances are the pads are not even bedded in yet!! I have Code RE on my Levo and Code RSC on my Whyte...both great brakes.
The bike is only new to me. It's an ex demo bike.

Anyhow, I gave both calipers a thorough clean out today, lubed the pistons with Hope silicon oil, recentered the pads & calipers and it felt a little better. Tomorrow in the Quantocks will be more of a test!

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
Enjoy the bike mate I ride a 160rs V2, I did find giving the breaks a bleed helped after got it, also changed now to nukeproof sintered as well, makes a massive difference. I am debating an upgrade maybe in the new year but that is jus down to preference. I have just moved from South Gloucestershire back to Whitby :)

r2wtrials

Nov 5, 2021
North Somerset UK
Hiya .. I’m a newbie as well and from a bit lower down the road in North Somerset.
I have the e150 with the SRAM brakes and they are brilliant .. I do have Hope wheels and discs. But guy I got it from said always use the sintered pads … just going to get some spares. But I have no issues with them at all in the dry or mud.

Winchuff

Sep 16, 2022
Bristol, UK
Hi

I'm from North Bristol/South Gloucs too.
Got my Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 a couple of months ago and ridden Afan and Cwmcarn so far. Keen to do some wild stuff too.

Drop me a message if you fancy a ride out sometime.

MartinFa

Nov 3, 2021
Hi

I'm from North Bristol/South Gloucs too.
Got my Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 a couple of months ago and ridden Afan and Cwmcarn so far. Keen to do some wild stuff too.

Drop me a message if you fancy a ride out sometime.
Sounds good - I seem to be running short of riding buddies!

However... yesterday, at FoD, was my 1st time back on a bike for 8 weeks after having partially torn an achilles tendon. It's far from being100%, but a lot better than it was!

Winchuff

Sep 16, 2022
Bristol, UK
Sounds good - I seem to be running short of riding buddies!

However... yesterday, at FoD, was my 1st time back on a bike for 8 weeks after having partially torn an achilles tendon. It's far from being100%, but a lot better than it was!
Ouch! Was that from riding?

I did Cwmcarn Twrch and Cafall today.
Will probably do another ride somewhere (The Gap, maybe) either tomorrow or Monday.

Want to join?

MartinFa

Nov 3, 2021
Ouch! Was that from riding?

I did Cwmcarn Twrch and Cafall today.
Will probably do another ride somewhere (The Gap, maybe) either tomorrow or Monday.

Want to join?
I've had problems with it on & off for several years, but - yes - landing from a drop on one of the downhill lines at FoD, my ankle just gave way 😬. Game over.

Can't do tomorrow, but Monday could be poss. Not done the Gap this year - nor ever done it on eMTB before, so I'd be happy to do that. I'll confirm tomorrow.

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
I live in fod, milkwall/coleford area. We ride a lot of off piste stuff dowies, shut castle, quarry and pedals. We will ride where ever really. Ride with a good bunch of lads

MartinFa

Nov 3, 2021
I live in fod, milkwall/coleford area. We ride a lot of off piste stuff dowies, shut castle, quarry and pedals. We will ride where ever really. Ride with a good bunch of lads
FoD is pretty much my local/go to area, although it's actually about 50 mins away by car, over the water! Although I've been going there for more years than I care to remember, it's only recently that I've started going further afield than Pedalbikeaway/Sallowvalets area. I did "discover" a number of moderately scary trails around Broadwell, Purple's Hill (which now seems a bit devastated since the storms earlier this year), Barnhill and Nagshead (all names off the OS maps - I don't know the locals' names for those trails), but I'd not easily be able to find them again. So I'd welcome some guidance around would be welcome.

I am currently injured, however - damaged my already-compromised achilles tendon coming down Skirun back in July, so I'm not up to anything too demanding right now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles