Hi from Oregon, USA

qwantz

Feb 22, 2018
Oregon, USA
I picked up a used 2017 Turbo Levo Comp on ebay. I was a bit nervous about buying used online, but the seller seemed legit. It's supposed to arrive on the 28th and I hope to be out riding the following weekend.

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
welcome qwantz, I love my levo, I've had two now and loved both of them. the mission control app is very useful too.
you will have to post pic's when it arrives.

qwantz

Feb 22, 2018
Oregon, USA
I definitely will post some pics and updates when it's in!

I'm a bit concerned about the Mission Control app. The features look great, but the reviews don't. It looks like development has stalled (no updates since last August) and there are a lot of unaddressed complaints.

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
well it works fine for me, all I use it for is to check distance I have ridden it & if the group I ride with are going on a longer ride I turn the power settings down so the battery will have enough power for full ride. and it works fine I can set it to show me my compleat ride and speeds I averaged. elevation and the rest. but I don't use the. pre set custom control feature so I can't speak for that. but a lot of the time when we ride I'm over the speed that the motor assists at as ride with a fast group.

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
Welcome! Looking forward to hearing of the ebike experience in the Oregon area! For example, I heard conflicting reports about pedal-assist being allowed at places like Sandy Ridge, which is a mtb-specific trail made through a collab between IMBA, BLM, and a local group. There's signs that say "no motors" and "no ebikes"...

qwantz

Feb 22, 2018
Oregon, USA
Good question. I'm only about an hour away from Sandy Ridge, but have never ridden there. I'm in Hood River which is only about 5 miles from the Post Canyon Trail System. That's my primary ride spot and a large portion of the trails are on private land. I've never seen any signage about restrictions on riding e-bikes. I'm hoping to ride out of my driveway to the trails, do a few laps or ride up to some trails that would usually be a shuttle, and then ride home. And I hope to do all that while keeping the fact that I'm on an e-bike fairly incognito (a big reason I went with the Levo).

There are some great trails around me that I want to continue to be able to ride so I have no plans to endanger that by riding irresponsibly.

qwantz

Feb 22, 2018
Oregon, USA
I made it out for my first ride and it was fantastic. I think there's something wrong with my rear derailleur; I spent several hours before the ride trying to get it worked out with no luck, but the ride was still incredibly enjoyable.
IMG_20180303_152929.jpg

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
The rear derailleur issue could be improper cable tension, bent hanger or b adjustment. It could also be the chain, I found a bent link after a few rides that would only occasionally hang up.

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
Check if the cable housing and ferrule are firmly seated in the RD. Troubleshooting mine, I found the ferrule broke in half and all the housing's reinforcement wires were exposed. Cleaned and lubed the cable, squared off the housing end, and switched to Jagwire alloy ferrule.

qwantz

Feb 22, 2018
Oregon, USA
Check if the cable housing and ferrule are firmly seated in the RD. Troubleshooting mine, I found the ferrule broke in half and all the housing's reinforcement wires were exposed. Cleaned and lubed the cable, squared off the housing end, and switched to Jagwire alloy ferrule.
The rear derailleur issue could be improper cable tension, bent hanger or b adjustment. It could also be the chain, I found a bent link after a few rides that would only occasionally hang up.

I ended up taking it to my LBS after re-running the cable, replacing the shifting pod, and cable ferrules. Diagnosis: bent derailleur hanger.

Guybmoto

May 16, 2019
Aliso Viejo, CA
Good question. I'm only about an hour away from Sandy Ridge, but have never ridden there. I'm in Hood River which is only about 5 miles from the Post Canyon Trail System. That's my primary ride spot and a large portion of the trails are on private land. I've never seen any signage about restrictions on riding e-bikes. I'm hoping to ride out of my driveway to the trails, do a few laps or ride up to some trails that would usually be a shuttle, and then ride home. And I hope to do all that while keeping the fact that I'm on an e-bike fairly incognito (a big reason I went with the Levo).

There are some great trails around me that I want to continue to be able to ride so I have no plans to endanger that by riding irresponsibly.

I rode Post Canyon yesterday. You've got it good up there. So much good stuff, and a lot of variety. Some of the fast stuff was intimidating. It'd take a while to get used to it. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles