Hi from California.

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
Welcome
Where in California do you live? We are trying to coordinate a NCal group ride this weekend in Santa Cruz if the terrible smoke clears

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Welcome, Nick!

Some beautiful country near you on the Central Coast, so you should have lots of fun riding.

Here’s a shot looking down Rattlesnake Canyon into La Brea Canyon just north of you.

8AA93706-DA40-4F21-8340-E681EF401A22.jpeg

thetbg

Nov 7, 2018
usa
Welcome
Where in California do you live? We are trying to coordinate a NCal group ride this weekend in Santa Cruz if the terrible smoke clears
I am in the San Jose area, I just bought a Levo and am looking for fellow emtb riders.

D

Deleted member 1275

Originally from Devon - Now a refugee from drizzle living in California!
have a new Turbo Levo and loving it. I bought my first mountain bike 30 years ago!! How time flies!

Hi NickB. I’m originally from Devon too but didn’t swap Devon for anywhere near as beautiful and glamorous as Santa Barbara!! :)

jd_3d

Patreon
Jul 12, 2018
California
Hi Nick,

Small world, I live in Santa Barbara too! I've been thinking about getting a turbo levo, can I ask which shop did you buy it from and would you recommend the shop? Is there a wait or do they have them in stock?

thetbg

Nov 7, 2018
usa
Hi Nick,

Small world, I live in Santa Barbara too! I've been thinking about getting a turbo levo, can I ask which shop did you buy it from and would you recommend the shop? Is there a wait or do they have them in stock?
What model are you looking at and what size? I just bought a medium expert and I know they are on back order until January.

Hi Nick,

Hi, I got the base model but put on a dropper post. The idea is to upgrade it over time - although I'm very happy with it as it is, so in no rush!
I got the bike from Wheelworld in LA. Wheel World | Culver City & Woodland Hills, CA | Bike Shops
It was the only Large they had. Seems like these are on backorder everywhere until Dec / Jan.
Velopro in SB have some Comps but not sure if they are demos/rentals or actually for sale.

Hope you find one soon - they are perfect for our steep, rocky trails. I have been doing some great 25-30 mile backcountry rides. Even saw some Bears yesterday!

jd_3d

Patreon
Jul 12, 2018
California
Hi, I got the base model but put on a dropper post. The idea is to upgrade it over time - although I'm very happy with it as it is, so in no rush!
I got the bike from Wheelworld in LA. Wheel World | Culver City & Woodland Hills, CA | Bike Shops
It was the only Large they had. Seems like these are on backorder everywhere until Dec / Jan.
Velopro in SB have some Comps but not sure if they are demos/rentals or actually for sale.

Hope you find one soon - they are perfect for our steep, rocky trails. I have been doing some great 25-30 mile backcountry rides. Even saw some Bears yesterday!

Thanks for the info. I'm probably looking to get a large size of the base carbon build. I was thinking about doing a 1 day rental at Velopro to make sure it's what I'm looking for and that the size is right. At these high prices I want to make sure it's worth it.

I'm pretty new to SB (lived in Orange County for 20 years), are all the trails around here ebike friendly? Do you ride from your house to the trails?

thetbg

Nov 7, 2018
usa
Thanks for the info. I'm probably looking to get a large size of the base carbon build. I was thinking about doing a 1 day rental at Velopro to make sure it's what I'm looking for and that the size is right. At these high prices I want to make sure it's worth it.

I'm pretty new to SB (lived in Orange County for 20 years), are all the trails around here ebike friendly? Do you ride from your house to the trails?
I believe Mikes Bikes in the Bay area has one large comp carbon

thetbg

Nov 7, 2018
usa
Thanks. Hoping to buy it local in case of warranty issues, etc. The Bay area is quite a drive from here.
Any specialized dealer should be able to honor any warranty claims, but i understand not wanting to drive.

As far as I know all the trails are bike friendly (not heard otherwise). I mostly drive to the trails such as Romero and the trails off Paradise Road. I often like to do long backcountry trips such as Gibraltar Reservoir and Little Pine Mountain.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles