Hi from an ebike newbie

robmsharp

Feb 22, 2024
Dorset
Hi, after many years of cycling an ordinary bike i thought id buy an ebike on my companies cycle to work scheme.
I got a Giant Entour and after 36 miles or so im becoming frustrated with the max speed limiting me to 16mph or so. Its a proper work out to attempt to go faster. Searching on this forum and others it seems that there was a process for removing the speed limiter by a series of key presses on the ride controller but this feature seems to have been removed.
Seeing as this bike model is sold all over the world and countries have different limits it makes sense to me that this limit would be configurable. Can anyone advise on this? Thanks in advance.

johnnystorm

Jun 19, 2023
Suffolk, UK
Its a proper work out to attempt to go faster.

That's good news, you'll be able to tell people truthfully its not cheatinh and you're still getting a work out. 👍

Being serious for a moment, tweaking it to go faster is illegal if used on the road, Giant don't have the best reputation for their warranty and if on the C2W scheme the bike isn't yours yet.

Singletrack Scene

Nov 14, 2020
Nottingham
Hi, after many years of cycling an ordinary bike i thought id buy an ebike on my companies cycle to work scheme.
I got a Giant Entour and after 36 miles or so im becoming frustrated with the max speed limiting me to 16mph or so. Its a proper work out to attempt to go faster. Searching on this forum and others it seems that there was a process for removing the speed limiter by a series of key presses on the ride controller but this feature seems to have been removed.
Seeing as this bike model is sold all over the world and countries have different limits it makes sense to me that this limit would be configurable. Can anyone advise on this? Thanks in advance.
Welcome!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles