Hi everyone

SimonB

Sep 17, 2018
Lowestoft UK
Well I’ve taken the plunge bought a emtb I used to do cycling until my knee got messed up, I’m hoping that the assistance will help. I’ve missed the bike and put on weight because of it. Got a Haibike Sduro 1.0 currently waiting delivery. Looking forward to being out and about.

SimonB

Sep 17, 2018
Lowestoft UK
The bikes arrived going out on it tomorrow morning as I’m on lates. Then a holiday in Spain next week stops me using it for another week.
What security do people use on them is it worth datatagging. Or just a gold lock. The Pinlock nuts the choices are endless. Damn criminals cost us a fortune before they’ve even nicked anything.

SimonB

Sep 17, 2018
Lowestoft UK
Mines in the lounge at the moment. But it’ll end up in the garage when she who must be obeyed gets home. Probably best to just not leave it alone.

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
Yes think that's the sensible option on both of the above counts !!!
I normally ride with a friend or a group non ebikers though! and we always have a sentry posted!

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
The bikes arrived going out on it tomorrow morning as I’m on lates. Then a holiday in Spain next week stops me using it for another week.
What security do people use on them is it worth datatagging. Or just a gold lock. The Pinlock nuts the choices are endless. Damn criminals cost us a fortune before they’ve even nicked anything.

Gold rated chain lock around both my bikes, attached to an anchor bolt in the shed. Plus a silver rated d-lock through both bike's wheels. In a locked shed. And a sign that says 'beware of the leopard'.

I am also considering Hexlox to stop bits being taken off the bike. But the main thing is, use enough security to deter all but the most adamant thief, and enough to be sure that your insurance will pay out when an adamant thief does turn up.

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
I use a Abus Bordo alarm if I'm out and about and have to leave the bike unattended (e.g. If I'm in a cafe). Combination of reasonably secure and portable foldable lock with a loud alarm if anyone starts fiddling with the bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles