Hi Everyone, new member but lurked for a few weeks...

CryptoBiker

Sep 17, 2018
SW UK
Awesome forum and couldn't resist the pull to join up and start chatting with everyone any longer!

I bought a Cube Reaction Hybrid 400 almost 3 years ago now and I haven't followed the progression of the bikes in that time I've been away, so upon looking at the new bikes, I have been amazed how old fashioned mine looks now, and the fact its a hard tail is hilarious too.

When I bought mine, I think there were only 2 advertised motors, (Bosch and Yamaha) Brose was unheard of at the time, and after reading a lot it seems like that's the option for me, the new s mag version being the one I am going to force myself to wait for.

It's been pretty difficult having around 5k budget and seeing what that can get me today vs what it will get in Jan, and I know there is always development, but it feels like just waiting a few more months would mean I get some measurable enhancements over what that would get today, primarily SMag and larger than 500w batteries being the norm.

The Flyons will also all be available towards the first part of next year too, which should hopefully up the standards across the board a bit.

I find it hard to upgrade my 3 yr old bike from 400wh to 500wh, but going to 750w (Supercore Bulls) or 650w range seems like a healthier increase in range, is anyone else holding back on the basis of the battery, or do you simply buy a 2nd?

I am hoping that the Fantic XF1 Integra 180 gets a refresh with the Smag motor in the new year, but as things stand that bike is probably top of my wanted list.

*Bit of a change from a 70degree hardtail with 100mm travel - can't wait. :-D

Looking forward to getting to know you all, and cant wait for all these exciting developments!

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
To be honest there is some great bargains going on 2018 models. If it was down to me and I needed the extra range I would get a great bargain and then buy another battery which will give you loads of range 120km+.

After 3 years of owning an e bike you had many issues at all? I've only owned one for 3 weeks so new to the game

CryptoBiker

Sep 17, 2018
SW UK
Hey Bongofish, yeah this is sort of the dilemma i've been dealing with, a cracking deal popped up on the 2018 Cube Stereo 160s from 2018, 20% off.. 800 quid, which is decent, but still trying to resist a little longer...

I've really had no issues relating to it being an emtb, all the issues I've had are just standard bike problems, I've crashed quite a number of times so its been ridden fairly hard and only needed its first service after about 2 years of not really looking after it that well. Only 1 cassette/chain change in that time and I've covered just over 2,200 miles.

The range feels like its maybe 75-80% of new, which is pretty decent as I just leave it fully charged up which I know isnt optimal, but I ride daily, so it doesn't stay charged for long.

Some of the 2018 full sus models from Moustache even use the same battery that I currently have, so those are also rather tempting when it comes to an upgrade, as I'd already have 400wh(-25% maybe) extra range.

I don't know how long my will power can resist... I do check daily for bargains on 2018 bikes..

What did you end up getting? What kind of riding are you going to be doing? Also... even after nearly 3 years, the grin remains.. :-D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles