Hi and happy xmas emtb's. Which emtb?

Funfunfun

Dec 27, 2019
Australiz, Sydney
Looking to buy a emtb for trails which are fairly technical. Budget around $5k aud or 2600 gbp. Currently have mondraker 160mm foxy...
Thinking about trek powerfly 5 or Merida eone sixty 500se. Will be used for trails which are fairly technical. Budget around $5k aud or 2600 gbp. Any suggestions?

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Yeah, there are so many choices. Im very happy w/my Giant E-Trance. Look at the full Trance & Reign line!

The Maestro suspension is truly a very effective design(y)

Trail-Niels

E*POWAH Master
Jul 15, 2019
Silkeborg, Denmark
Looking to buy a emtb for trails which are fairly technical. Budget around $5k aud or 2600 gbp. Currently have mondraker 160mm foxy...
Thinking about trek powerfly 5 or Merida eone sixty 500se. Will be used for trails which are fairly technical. Budget around $5k aud or 2600 gbp. Any suggestions?
You should take a look at E-Mountain Bike Reviews | E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine - there you will find a comprehensive test of 25 of the 2020 models...

Trail-Niels

E*POWAH Master
Jul 15, 2019
Silkeborg, Denmark
Levo is most technologically advanced specialized putts entire team and tons of money and research
The Brose motor on the Levo is so quiet I envy the silence compared to the Shimano. However I met a rider with a Levo S-Works, he wasn’t so happy about the motor, he was on his 5th motor - yes 5 motors - this year, only happy that it was still under warranty. There are apparently some reliablility issues if you push it hard. The Levo guys can probably enlighten you.

May 4, 2018
Canberra

Mate I posted a similar forum query.
Having test ridden Levo the powerfly5, focus thron and jam I went for the Jam. Though it was 6500 Aus and on special ( originally around 8000 aus)

I heard Meridas are awesome but I was unable to get in a test ride.

I'm sure Sydney has more shops and test ride options.

Best of luck

Funfunfun

Dec 27, 2019
Australiz, Sydney
Mate I posted a similar forum query.
Having test ridden Levo the powerfly5, focus thron and jam I went for the Jam. Though it was 6500 Aus and on special ( originally around 8000 aus)

I heard Meridas are awesome but I was unable to get in a test ride.

I'm sure Sydney has more shops and test ride options.

Best of luck
Thanks.... Ended up getting a 2019 Merida e160 900 for $5000 aud all in. All the reviews were positive so fingers crossed when it arrives in 2 weeks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles