Hey! Newbie from Australia

>moto<

Jan 4, 2021
Sunshine Coast
Hi All,

I've been on and off MTB since they were first released back in the day. About 6 months ago I stopped riding dirtbikes and decided to stick with MTB, mainly so I could ride with my partner. We bought a pair of 2020 Norco Sight's and the bikes have been awesome....and then I started looking at eBikes ?

I was already sold on the concept but having just purchased 2 bikes recently I thought I would wait a bit to buy one. Then, this weekend, a random dude let me ride his Merida eOne Sixty and that was it, I have to buy one now!

>moto<

Jan 4, 2021
Sunshine Coast
The One Sixty was nice but it was my first eBike ride. I was marvelling at the motor assist and fun fcator more than the bike igeo itself. I've made some enquiries into a Focus Sam2 9.8 but I'm being told I won't get one until....September!

I also like the 2021 Commencal Meta Power Essentail but I'm not sure if the geo will suit me. The site says I should go for a medium which seems a bit weird at 180cm tall. At that size (or even the large) the reach seems quite short. They are out of stock until end of Jan and end of May too.

It seems like you need to buy what bike you can these days and not what you want lol!

sico

Dec 5, 2020
Melbourne
Welcome mate. I sold my Husaberg last November and picked up a 2021 focus Jam2 6.8 NINE. With stuff all stock around it was the only bike I test rode, didn't want to buy sight unseen. Was keen to test ride a Merida with the new ep8 but didn't want to wait for a bike.

Farmernz

Jun 18, 2019
Alexandra
That’s great you liked the ebike, best to try lots out to see what feels right. I ride moto(rmx450) on a daily basis for work but find the ebike so much more challenging on the same terrain, it has bought a lot of fun back into riding, it’s so peaceful compared to moto_On a side note a couple of days ago I got to spend time seeing the video being made on our farm for the next norco sight, it was cool to see a pro riding it.

>moto<

Jan 4, 2021
Sunshine Coast
I ended up buying a Norco Sight VLT A1. Weird situation, met the dude by chance, had a bike with 100km on it, my size and in immaculate condition.

I have a Sight already and love it and though it didn't have 38mm forks or the newer motor I thought I'd take the plunge.

Farmernz

Jun 18, 2019
Alexandra
I ended up buying a Norco Sight VLT A1. Weird situation, met the dude by chance, had a bike with 100km on it, my size and in immaculate condition.

I have a Sight already and love it and though it didn't have 38mm forks or the newer motor I thought I'd take the plunge.
Awesome ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles