Hey, new around here

Carlos Muralhas

Jun 15, 2018
Portugal
hey guys :) hope you all are alright.

This is several firsts for me, first eBike forum, first eBike and first time reading so many people with eBikes.

I have been seeing a lot of reviews though and it took me months to decide but I finally did it. I'm still waiting for stock to arrive in Portugal but I went for the Merida eOne-Sixty 900E. For me its a beautiful proposition with incredible package for the price. Hopefully two or three weeks at maximum for it to arrive.

I will change it a bit though...

I'm very curious about what Canyon and some other brands are doing on eMTBs by using a 29" wheel up front and a 27,5+ in the back so I'll put a 29 in the front with a Minion 29x2.5. I'm not even going to use the bike with the 27,5+ in the front. I'll reserve that for some months later.

I also love the design and idea of Canyon eMTB saddle, so I ordered one from canyon to put on my Merida lol. Maybe it's a bit geeky but I believe it is a good saddle design for eMTB riding.

The handlebar will also be switched immediately for one with more rise and 780mm.

I also went overboard and ordered a Quark Shockwiz to setup Merida's suspensions faster and easier. Will let you know of the results but I'm expecting the same good results from Shockwiz as if it were a regular enduro bike.

So, months of indecision, and one week of decision. I'm sure it will be my best bike ever :)

Best :)
Carlos

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
Welcome Carlos, you'll soon be wearing a big smile that last's for days and you can't wait to get out again :)

Interested to know how you get on with that saddle ..

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles