Hey everybody, the Netherlands here.

All4Fun

Aug 5, 2020
the Netherlands
You will think what should someone from such a flat country with an e-mtb, good question, next question ....

I have been riding an mtb for about 15 years, because I love technology, it has always been fully's with 120-160 mm of travel, I have once sawed through a new 29er fully to make it a fat bike.

Since a few months I also have an e-mtb, age and physical problems made it increasingly difficult to drive an analog bike, because we do have here some places where there is considerable climbing work, plus on holiday I consciously look for climbing work, last year I did a climb of about 3.5 km, 250 altimeters and peaks of around 30% with the fat bike, fun to do, but I am empty, hence the purchase.

I am active on an mtb forum, but there is not much to find about e-mtb, in mine search for info I came across this forum, after reading for a while, i did register, you never know ...

De groet'n...

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
You will think what should someone from such a flat country with an e-mtb, good question, next question ..

In such a flat, open country you must get a lot of strong winds which you have to pedal against.

That is a good enough excuse to buy an e-bike!

One of the benefits of an E-MTB is that they are good to ride in all types of terrain in all conditions, so wherever you are riding it will be a good bike for you.

I am active on an mtb forum, but there is not much to find about e-mtb, in mine search for info I came across this forum, after reading for a while, i did register, you never know ...

This forum is the best place to find out anything you want to know about e-MTBs; if there is anything worth knowing about E-MTBs
then somebody here will know about it.

All4Fun

Aug 5, 2020
the Netherlands
Thanks,

That "strong wind excuse" is a good one, but where i use to ride, there are a lot of trees and shrubs, wind isn't really a problem ...

I have a Haibike Allmtn 5.0 Flyon, I was looking for an all mountain, with built-in battery, + size tires, minimum 150 mm travel, budget 5000 euros and some other wishes, I had a few test rides with Bosch, Yamaha, Shimano and a Flyon, I came across a shop that sold the Allmtn almost 1000 euros less than usual.

Since I liked the test with the Flyon the most and with that price more on my budget, I decided to test / buy the Allmtn ...

Upgraded to Shimano XT 11spd and Magura MDR-P discs, some other upgrades to follow, orange Jagwire cabling, other wheelset 35mm front and 45mm rear.

I don't have pictures yet, maybe when the upgrades are done.

The greetings ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles