Hey all. Newbie here. Looking forward to getting an ebike but still struggling which to get.

Mr Vin

Mar 6, 2021
West Midlands
After struggling with long Covid and the fatness that has come along with it I want to get an emtb. Not sure if I should get an ex demo Giant E+3 with mods already done by local shop, tubeless and some other little tweaks. They have said they would do a warranty. The other choice is the cube Reaction performance 500 2021 from Tredz. So confused.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Welcome!

We could do with knowing what you actually want to ride (terrain, area, etc.) and your approximate capabilities too. There's a lot to be said for dealing with a local shop (or LBS, I'm sure you can work out what the B stands for!). Access to them for advice, warranty work, servicing etc.

Either of those would do though if they are the right size and match what you want to ride and your capabilities.

Well done with getting over (mostly) the Covid...

Mr Vin

Mar 6, 2021
West Midlands
Cheers for the reply. I'm still recovering and wanted to use it to get me fit, road riding and some local park and woods. Eventually I would like to do some light trails. I am in my 40's. ?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
A Young 'Un, lads!

Either would do then to get you moving, just take it easy to start and begin building up the pace and duration gradually. We don't want you back in the Hospital again because us old folk have got our names on those beds for when we fall off!

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I recon the Giant from your local shop would be a good starting place.
Agreed, as long as you're happy that they're not pushing you into their choice of bike, it's good to have a good relationship with a local bike shop.

Last edited:

MNutt

Mar 7, 2021
L
I have the Giant E +2, bought 12 months ago and love it. I ride a real mix of terrain and it handles everything well. I’ve had a few issues here and there but nothing major and for the price the spec is great. I took out a few demo bikes and immediately bought this one when I returned to the shop.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles