Help with firmware on Revolt E+ Pro Gravel bike

EclecticCameron

Dec 3, 2022
Aus
Hi I do hope I can get at least some help with my Revolt.
As started this is the 2022 Giant Revolt E+ Pro with Di2 and EP8 motor.
This bike uses some mix between Shimano and Giants own ride computer making finding information very difficult.
So today I plugged in a EW-EN100 Bluetooth adaptor to use the E-tube App that worked fine
The App then asked to update firmware so sure update, this seemed to work now all I have is one red flashing light on the top tube
and 2 red on the EN100.
I connect the E-tube app, it states the Firmware of DU-EP800 is incomplete and needs correcting, then is starts slowly overwriting the firmware
to the point the bike turns its self off. now I stuck at the start.
none of the Di2 buttons work, pressing the top tube button the hole time does nothing spinning the rear wheel does nothing
Please any help to keep the bike on wile the update goes through.

EclecticCameron

Dec 3, 2022
Aus
If you remove the EW-EN100 does the bike work as stock?
If so, I'd take the problem to where you bought the EW-EN100
Unplugging the En100 does nothing still Erroring.
On top of that the EN100 is the Bluetooth component for E-tube
The Giant App does not have any updating info other than a RED X saying there is a Error

skorp_jon

Feb 21, 2021
Slovenia
I think that giant use customize firmware. Maybe you tried to flash it over with original shimano firmware. Call your giant dealer. Maybe they can reflash original firmware.

bens

Dec 28, 2022
FR
Hi I do hope I can get at least some help with my Revolt.
As started this is the 2022 Giant Revolt E+ Pro with Di2 and EP8 motor.
This bike uses some mix between Shimano and Giants own ride computer making finding information very difficult.
So today I plugged in a EW-EN100 Bluetooth adaptor to use the E-tube App that worked fine
The App then asked to update firmware so sure update, this seemed to work now all I have is one red flashing light on the top tube
and 2 red on the EN100.
I connect the E-tube app, it states the Firmware of DU-EP800 is incomplete and needs correcting, then is starts slowly overwriting the firmware
to the point the bike turns its self off. now I stuck at the start.
none of the Di2 buttons work, pressing the top tube button the hole time does nothing spinning the rear wheel does nothing
Please any help to keep the bike on wile the update goes through.

I was able to recover the firmware from the ep8.

You need SM-PCE1 or SM-PCE02 with e-tube on Windows.
Connect SM-PCE1 directly on one of the 3 ports.
To achieve this, you need EW-AD305 adaper and EW-SD300-I cable. you have one of each near di2 motor connector.
Software ask for recover needed for ep8. Click yes.
This operation take between 3 and 4 minutes, so before that e-bike auto shutdown.

Revot e+ is now ok!

MoCox

Sep 28, 2023
Europe
I was able to recover the firmware from the ep8.

You need SM-PCE1 or SM-PCE02 with e-tube on Windows.
Connect SM-PCE1 directly on one of the 3 ports.
To achieve this, you need EW-AD305 adaper and EW-SD300-I cable. you have one of each near di2 motor connector.
Software ask for recover needed for ep8. Click yes.
This operation take between 3 and 4 minutes, so before that e-bike auto shutdown.

Revot e+ is now ok!
Hi Bens, I have the same bike. Are you able to upgrade the firmware at all using the Shimano releases, or do you think we need to stay with Giant? I'm assuming when the firmware was recovered this was recovering some inbuilt version in the unit? Best guess is Giant have custom firmware...?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles