Help with Dengfu E10 Frame. 2.8inch tires on 27.5inch rims. Downhill, EMTB rough terrain Looking for advice on best Shock, Brakes, Rims/Hubs. Thx

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
I finally figured out that straight spoked hubs by industry nine & DtSwiss are the best, & rims I want Dtswiss XM521 or RaceFace ARC40, running cheap ALEX MD35 w/tubes at the moment. Would love to hear advice on rims to use(no CARBON) & Hubs to consider. Have my heart set on using Industry Nine Hydra for Turquoise Hub. I also Need Guidance, I am running LUNA X2 Ludicrous, & I'd like to upgrade the Suspension so that when I do a 3-foot hop off a speed bump I don't nearly bottom out. I want to maximize Control on my bike with Comfort. I would love to run 180mm-220mm with 44mm offset on 27.5-inch rims. I know I can run a bigger rear shock in front & rear. I love riding offroad most, downhill, BMX tracks, Dirt tracks, and all sorts of stuff. I want to maximize my travel. Currently, my bike is running a 210x55 Debonair Deluxe. can that 210(signifies I to I right?) But I see there are huge spacers on either side of the top of the rear shock, if I changed those spacers I could run say 230x65, or would that not be possible? I weigh 150lbs, the bike weighs about 52lbs. I can't decide what to do because I can't find the max size for the Dengfu E-10 frame. I Bought this bike to help me fight the good fight for my health issues, & have fun while doing it. But I'm limited to basic trails until I make quite a few upgrades. Thanks to anyone for advice. 20220918_181256.jpg
20220910_142512.jpg
20220910_142512.jpg

20220910_142512.jpg

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
I have a i9 hydra hub on my Remedy, and it's nice, but I really don't think it's as nice as the price tag might suggest. The massive number of engagement points is nice. But this will be pointless on an e-bike, which has a much lower engagement count in the front motor.

As for straight vs J bend spokes, I don't think there is any real world difference apart from aesthetics. Yes the straight spokes do look smarter.

For doing the type of riding you suggest. I would definitely NOT use 2.8" wide tyres. They are too big and balloon like. They will squirm and shift around under load. They more likely to puncture/tear. They are quite a bit heavier. You be much better with like 2.4" wide max width.

I would also suggest using 29" wheels, atleast for the front wheel. You can keep 27.5" in the rear if you are not super tall. As you may find you buzz your but on the rear tyre on big G-outs, if you are not the tallest person.

For suspension. This is a complicated subject. I always prefer coil spring myself. I find they are much nicer feel and bike tracking is better for chunky terrain. But you dont get the same progression ramp up that you can with air. Which may cause you to blow through your travel. Having a decent damper is very important in my opinion. Having atleast independant HSC,LSC, and rebound is important. If you can get one that has 2 different rebound adjusters it's even better. But the trade off is it takes alot longer to set them up. And they cost more. I use a cane creek kitsuma coil on my remedy, and I love it, best shock I have ridden so far. On my e22, I have a Marzocchi Bomber cr. The bomber gets the job done, but it definitely not as good as the kitsuma. I have them both dialed in pretty good now. But I feel the Marzocchi lacks fine damper adjustment.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles