Help support EMTB Forums via Patreon

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hey all,

I wanted to let you know that I've created a Patreon page for EMTB Forums. I was shown Patreon by another creator that I know and it seems like a good idea. EMTB Forums is a hobby of mine now pretty much my fulltime job! - It does cost a bit in time and money to run :cool:

If you'd like to support me and EMTB Forums in remaining totally independent and create some cool EMTB content, videos, articles and development here then you can :)

Rob Hancill - EMTB Forums is creating EMTB Content | Patreon

What is Patreon?
Patreon is a form of crowdfunding, which is funding that relies on people like you and me to donate small amounts of money.

Patreon enables people to directly support the creators. There are varying support levels, from $1 a month (+20 cents UK VAT!!).

Supporting what I do is completely voluntary, thank you for considering!

Thanks,
Rob.

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Just want to say thanks Rob. You do a great job here and I enjoy watching your videos (especially your cheery manner). You should be proud of what you've achieved.
If you ever head north of the border I'd be more than happy to buy you a few beers and show you around a few routes. You can even have a shot of my awesome bike. (while I ride yours. obvz) ;)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
What he said.

I’m happy to pop a few pence in the kitty but I’m not buying you a beer; you’re southern, it’ll either be a shandy (the shame) or some phenomenally expensive and pretentious craft lager...

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Is there a recommended or accepted amount , or an amount required to break even Rob ? ,happy to support .
a forum I used to be on we used to donate a minimum of a tenner a year and the avatar showed you were a supporting member , which kind of helped prompt the many that came asking for technical help or to sell stuff ,realise the forum was worth contributing to

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I signed up on Patreon a couple of weeks ago as you do a great job here Rob!

Love getting the special video clips & previews. But do I need to link it to my account here somehow? Still seeing the ads currently :)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I signed up on Patreon a couple of weeks ago as you do a great job here Rob!

Love getting the special video clips & previews. But do I need to link it to my account here somehow? Still seeing the ads currently :)
Fixed ?

Steady_eddy

Patreon
Apr 25, 2018
Netherlands
I have decided to become a patreon, I think you've created something great here @Rob Hancill . The main reasons for me are that your YouTube channel and this forum have really helped my 8 month research into which EMTB to purchase (and I have been lurking around here for a few months). I cannot wait to pick it up on Saturday! Thanks for the great content Rob, keep up the good work.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I have decided to become a patreon, I think you've created something great here @Rob Hancill . The main reasons for me are that your YouTube channel and this forum have really helped my 8 month research into which EMTB to purchase (and I have been lurking around here for a few months). I cannot wait to pick it up on Saturday! Thanks for the great content Rob, keep up the good work.
Thanks so much mate, I'm glad that the forum and YouTube may have helped you make your purchase. I hugely appreciate your Patreon support, it really does help (this is pretty much my full time job now!!). I'm at 32 Patreons, thank you to all whom are helping, it's given me the ability to buy some stuff for my 'studio' at home for video work, and help with future plans to bring as much quality content as possible.

Rob.

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
Hi @Rob Hancill if I become a patreon does it effect the amount of ads I see on the site? I love the content here and understand that things are not free, but the size of ads has become a bit of a turn off for me. I’m usually viewing from a smartphone so it might be better on a computer. I’d be happy to pay a bit get rid of them and make the site more pleasant to read. Thanks.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi @Rob Hancill if I become a patreon does it effect the amount of ads I see on the site? I love the content here and understand that things are not free, but the size of ads has become a bit of a turn off for me. I’m usually viewing from a smartphone so it might be better on a computer. I’d be happy to pay a bit get rid of them and make the site more pleasant to read. Thanks.
Yes - no ads for Patreon supporters ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles