Help me find a small EMTB for my wife (so I can get one too).

Shane

Sep 16, 2018
Adelaide
So my wife and I have made a deal, we will get E-bikes (I have my heart set on an eONE SIXTY), but we have to get one each. This is fair enough. We pretty much always ride together and are similar in fitness and skill level so not really fair if one of us is power assisted and one not.

Here’s the catch. I’m just under 6 foot so no issue there, but my wife is barely 5 foot. So finding a dual suspension EMTB that will fit her is proving difficult.

She currently rides an extra small Trek Fuel EX 8. I’ll post the geometry below but as a quick guide the reach on her bike as currently set up is about 375mm.

Does anyone know of any brands that do full sus EMTB frames this small (or close)?

P.S. This is my first post so G’day. We live in Adelaide, South Australia and are both intermediate level riders (on a good day :)

Shane

Sep 16, 2018
Adelaide
Current bike geometry for comparison:
F9ED3546-0D68-48D6-BF11-E57BDB2C358E.jpeg

Shane

Sep 16, 2018
Adelaide
Cheers Mark. Have been looking into it and looks like Haibike and also Giant (funnily enough) both have some really small options. She is going to try one them out in a couple of weeks when I take a Merida for a test run.

Shane

Sep 16, 2018
Adelaide
Cheers, yes she looked at those. I think she wasn't convinced by the componentry vs similarly priced bikes like the Giant. Definitely still an option though if it rides nicely.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Cube have a good range of women’s bikes, and of course there is a women’s specific Specialized Levo

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles