Help me choose a bike!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
All the good DJ/slopestyle guys are next proper level riders. What we consider mental they'd just consider a standard day.
Point was the old Capra because of it's lighteight and burliness, shortish reach AND very progressive rear end actually makes a great slopestyle bike. No Emtb would. (despite the ridiculous stuff Pilgs is doing on his).
When i got mine I pretty much stopped riding my 120mm slopestyle FS bike as the capra could do 99% of what it could just as well.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Thanks for the tip; I’m leaning towards the battery being in the frame though... it does look nice though
Stevo
I'm not quite so sure why everyone is so keen on integrated batteries. Sure they look nice, but they put the weight up higher , and are generally harder to change and it's more tricky transport a spare (because they are long and thin). That shape also has to be harder to cool, which might have an impact on internal temps and therefore cycle life (I know all about this from overheated lipos in RC use). Finally if you have an issue with the contacts in the bike a design like the 2019 Levo is going to be very tricky to fix as they are so inaccessible.

Choose a bike on whatever you want, but I wouldn't put battery integration near the top of your list - geo, motor characteristics and suspension design+components are all way more important IMO.

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Hi James,
Sell my Capra! ! ! not sure how much it's worth though, its in excellent condition..
.....................)

A month ago or so, I got £1800 on eBay for mine Jul'15 with a recent conversion from 2x10 to Eagle 12 speed. Superb condition, as not ridden much (knee problems, hence the eBike).

I put it on at £1950 and left it for a while until I built up about 40 watchers then started reducing the price by £50 a week until I got a hit. Each time I reduced the price, eBay told all the watchers and put it back in front of them. I was besieged with time wasters (Ex. will you sell kit without wheels and fork?) and scammers (Ex. I'm a student and can't collect right now, will you accept a deposit to hold the bike for me, just give me your account details so I can pay....) So beware!!!
I had no serious interest from any other sales route I tried.

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
A month ago or so, I got £1800 on eBay for mine Jul'15 with a recent conversion from 2x10 to Eagle 12 speed. Superb condition, as not ridden much (knee problems, hence the eBike).

I put it on at £1950 and left it for a while until I built up about 40 watchers then started reducing the price by £50 a week until I got a hit. Each time I reduced the price, eBay told all the watchers and put it back in front of them. I was besieged with time wasters (Ex. will you sell kit without wheels and fork?) and scammers (Ex. I'm a student and can't collect right now, will you accept a deposit to hold the bike for me, just give me your account details so I can pay....) So beware!!!
I had no serious interest from any other sales route I tried.
Thanks for the insight; that sounds traumatic- might hold on to it until one of my kids grows up to fit it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles