Help/feedback: Orbea Rise H30 - clicking noise and yanking sensation

Kasper

Jan 30, 2023
Denmark
Hi guys.

So I did it. Went and got the Rise H30 (2022).

But there is something about the motor / clutch that bugs the heck out of me.

It makes a clicking noise loud enough to hear on gravel. The noise I suppose I can live with if that is just how it is but it I can even feel it in the handle bars and the rear triangle - a sort of yank. It happens when the motor disengages.

I made a short video that captures the noise but doesn't show the yanking sensation.
Link to google photos folder with 9 second video

Is this a normal noise and can anyone else recognise the described sensation on the rear triangle and handle bars ?

Input will be much appreciated.

Thank you and best regards
Kasper

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
you in boost? also, pedaling at low RPM probably doesn't help, these bikes like a high cadence ~70-80. Have you changed the default assist settings by chance?

hard to tell if the noise is excesive, sounds the similar to mine

Kasper

Jan 30, 2023
Denmark
you in boost? also, pedaling at low RPM probably doesn't help, these bikes like a high cadence ~70-80. Have you changed the default assist settings by chance?

hard to tell if the noise is excesive, sounds the similar to mine

Hey, thanks for your input.

It does it in both boost and trail. Good point about the cadence but I do have to stop pedaling sometimes=)

Do you ever feel that sort of "clutch yanking"?

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
one of the parameters in assist settings adjusts when the motor cuts out once you stop pedaling, how fast/aggressive it does that, I set mine quite low as didnt like the motor running on the harsh cut out.

at least thats the way I felt it worked best for me :)

1676976456026.png

Kasper

Jan 30, 2023
Denmark
Still its weird to me that there is a noticeable yank in both handle bar and rear triangle though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles