Help! Bit at the bottom of the frame that connects to the battery 😆

Bob88

Jul 29, 2022
Hampshire
(Quick question) On my cube stereo hybrid 140, when the battery is removed...the point at which it connects to the battery at the base of the frame is really loose, never noticed in all these years. Is it supposed to be that way?

Thanks in advance 😀

Bob88

Jul 29, 2022
Hampshire
My friend owns a cube stereo hybrid 140. I'll ask him.`
Thanks buddy, stripped it all down for a deep clean today and it actually seems like there is nothing physically holding it tight. I added a blue tack gasket which should prevent any adverse movement but would be nice to know its supposed to be loose. Cheers!

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
No it should be nipped up, are you referring to the battery connector end where the terminals are. If so it shouldn’t be lose

Bob88

Jul 29, 2022
Hampshire
No it should be nipped up, are you referring to the battery connector end where the terminals are. If so it shouldn’t be lose
Yeah, that's the bit. Having a good look inside earlier though with it all stripped down, there doesn't seem to be any way of tightening it? It just looks like a plastic plate sandwiched between two other plastic bits. The main mounting screws are dead tight. The motor has been out many many times over the last 3.5 years in shops, maybe there is supposed to be an o ring or something they missed?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles