Hello, thanks for adding me to the forum.

ecotrials

Sep 9, 2019
Lafayette, CA, USA
I too recently joined the forum.
I am hoping to be able to get a Turbo Levo Expert next year sometime. So gathering all the info I can in the meantime.
I've found, so far, that different sales folk have vastly different knowledge about the bike.
I asked one what the best bike rack would be, he responded a wheel supporting track style. Another asked what type I already had, and suggested just getting the right size bike adapter bar, as long as the rack can support the weight. What do you use/recommend?

I recently dusted off and started riding my 30 year old RockHopper. I had replaced the original inner tubes with foam tubes after collecting about 150 star thistles on a ride. Now both tire and tube felt like solid rubber wheel. Practically shook me off the bike in some bumpy spots :) Now sporting some fresh tires with tubes, protective strips and tire goop. Now riding as often as i can to get my legs back into shape (well... my butt too, I forgot that needs a bit of training too to overcome initial soreness. Having a blast, hoping to greatly improve range next year with the Levo.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I run a Saris two bike rack on my old golf and it holds my Turbo Levo fine. I wouldn't put another eBike on the back though.

You just need a 'Bike Bar' to create a horizontal mount between the stem and seat post on Full Sus bikes. Saris do one which I got which was £39 but Halfords do essentially the same thing for £20. I've had to put foam on the rack to stop it rubbing the frame but that's no issue. It's just a bit of a hack. If you've got a towbar I would get one of the Thule racks.

It's an ongoing debate but I would go Tubeless if you can, negates thorn punctures etc. Carry a spare inner and the tools to reinflate a tyre.

Sean Potts

Sep 8, 2019
Chamonix Mt Blanc , France
Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 07.58.49.png

This works great for my Levo (both 2016 with 3.0 width tyres & 2019 model) & my girlfriends full suspension EMTB. The only negative that it is a little heavy / awkward once off the bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles