Hello Orbea Rise Community

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Welcome.

Why buy a lightweight then beef it up?

Buy a full fat or keep it light. Upgrade it but keep it light. If you do go heavier don't do it by much as you will begin to lose the agility in the bike and affect the range as the battery is small.

I have both so I have the choice of what to ride, a luxury, I know.

MAster

Nov 6, 2022
Germany
I think the extra weight to a ZEB (160/150) is marginal also the ultimate deluxe air Rc2T is similar to the float x.
Don‘t get me wrong, but I think a stiffer fork with a better air spring and a damper with a hbo and hsc will help to support my rider weight (95kg ~ 210 lbs) and riding style.
When it come to wheels I will use a 32Hole classic hand built set with EX511 / hope pro 4 rims, kenda (pinner, hellcat) ATC tubeless tyres. Additionally, I will switch over to a set of Shiguras with 200mm discs and a 31,8 alloy cockpit.

Still then a very light TrailDuro bike to compensate missing time as a Dad and for the big missions I do have my specialized enduro

Ride on,

Johnny 🤙
Welcome.

Why buy a lightweight then beef it up?

Buy a full fat or keep it light. Upgrade it but keep it light. If you do go heavier don't do it by much as you will begin to lose the agility in the bike and affect the range as the battery is small.

I have both so I have the choice of what to ride, a luxury, I know.
I think the extra weight to a ZEB (160/150) is marginal also the ultimate deluxe air Rc2T is similar to the float x.
Don‘t get me wrong, but I think a stiffer fork with a better air spring and a damper with a hbo and hsc will help to support my rider weight (95kg ~ 210 lbs) and riding style.
When it come to wheels I will use a 32Hole classic hand built set with EX511 / hope pro 4 rims, kenda (pinner, hellcat) ATC tubeless tyres. Additionally, I will switch over to a set of Shiguras with 200mm discs and a 31,8 alloy cockpit.

Still then a very light TrailDuro bike to compensate missing time as a Dad and for the big missions in bike parks I do have my specialized enduro.

Ride on,

Johnny 🤙

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
That's looking good, Johnny, not adding much weight to it. When you said 'beef it up' I was expecting all sorts and much added weight.

I love mine just as is! 😊

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles