Hello! New to the forum and to e-bikes :P

Ballantin

Oct 12, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
Hello guys,

I discovered this forum when looking for some information on my new bike and after taking a look I knew I had to register. There is plenty of interesting topics here.

A bit of information about myself:
I am 40+, living in the UK for the last 10 years (I am from Spain) and love MTB.
I used to ride frequently 3 or 4 years ago at my local trails with a Cube 160 HPA race, a normal full-sus mtb. Due to circumstances I stopped doing so until recently that I got back in touch with some old friends. They told me about their new e-bikes and how amazing they were but to be honest I was a bit sceptical about it.

One of the days, after a ride, they offered to show me their e-mtbs (Specialized Levo Com and Expert 2021) and man, what a machine. It was nothing like I have imagined. And their arguments to use them were compelling too. I said I would look into maybe getting one next year.

So when I arrived at home, just out of curiosity, I started to look into them. And before I knew what happened I had reserved one.
I went all out and ordered a Specialized Turbo Levo PRO 2022 (or 2023 according to their web, who cares, the latest available). I can't believe that my bike is more expensive than my car :O

It is a big difference compared to my Cube. A lot heavier, a lot chunkier and harder to control. But a lot more fun to ride too.

I am still getting used to it and trying to get comfortable riding in the woods again. The few skills that I had back in the day are gone and I am now like a complete newbie. New bike, lack of skills, extra weight and trying to figure out suspension settings.
But despite that I am waiting all week for the weekend, for that thrill of going out again to the woods and ride as much as possible.

I love tech and love to tinker. Love to focus on details and technicalities. That means that I will be pestering you guys with stupid questions every now and then.

If you managed to pass all that wall of text, thank you and see you around :p

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I'm not asking for an address here but whereabouts in the UK are you? There are ride-outs organised on the forum or you may find you are covered through your friends but there's plenty of great riding in the UK...

Ballantin

Oct 12, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
I'm not asking for an address here but whereabouts in the UK are you? There are ride-outs organised on the forum or you may find you are covered through your friends but there's plenty of great riding in the UK...
I am based in Milton Keynes so we usually go to the local trails.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Welcome! Fellow UK rider here, I’m up in Scotland. I have the same bike but I can’t really leave well enough alone, I’ve already changed a ton of parts on mine. I highly recommend getting the cascade link for the rear and doing a lower leg service on the fork, I was fighting with the suspension on mine for weeks.

Ballantin

Oct 12, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
Welcome! Fellow UK rider here, I’m up in Scotland. I have the same bike but I can’t really leave well enough alone, I’ve already changed a ton of parts on mine. I highly recommend getting the cascade link for the rear and doing a lower leg service on the fork, I was fighting with the suspension on mine for weeks.
Cascade link, I had no idea about it! It looks like the link for 2022 models is not out yet, so I will pre-order it.
What else have you changed? The bike comes pretty much loaded already.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Cascade link, I had no idea about it! It looks like the link for 2022 models is not out yet, so I will pre-order it.
What else have you changed? The bike comes pretty much loaded a
There’s 2 different links, the long shock kit which requires a new shock and the regular link that you can use with the stock shock. They’re both in stock on the UK website, the US website shows the pre-order.

I’ve changed the bars, stem, brake rotors, tyres, front/rear axles, shock and grips. I have an AXS derailleur and I’m waiting on my AXS dropper to get back in stock, once I have both of those I’ll install them. After that I’ll more than likely look into changing the brakes, I’m not a huge fan of the codes at all.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I’ve changed the bars, stem, brake rotors, tyres, front/rear axles, shock and grips. I have an AXS derailleur and I’m waiting on my AXS dropper to get back in stock, once I have both of those I’ll install them. After that I’ll more than likely look into changing the brakes, I’m not a huge fan of the codes at all.
So you have bought another new bike then!

Last edited:

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
So you have bought another a new bike then!
All my bikes are pretty custom, I usually buy frame only and build them exactly the way I want. I probably would have been better off just buying the comp carbon but I got a really good deal on the pro so I went that route. The take-off parts will be used for my wife’s new build so not a total loss.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles