Hello from warm Texas

Only_eMTBs

Oct 1, 2023
Texas
Hi all,
Been a long time sub of Rob Rides and have been fortunate enough to own a couple of different E bikes, of course all being full fat. I’ve been riding E bikes since the beginning of 2020 and they’ve definitely helped me to build endurance and now I think I’m ready to transition from full fat to SL’s. My current full fat E bike is a 2022 Canyon Spectral:ON and I just purchased a brand new 2023 Orbea rise M-Team. Very stoked with this purchase.
Some details: right out of the box, I removed the inner tubes from both wheels and weighed the bike and the total weight without pedals, and without sealant was 42 pounds and 1 oz. Still without sealant in the tires, but with everything else which including pedals, full frame and fork RideWrap kit (a painful & rewarding experience), Fidlock bottle mount and a 20 gr CO2 cartridge and inline inflator with some sticky ropes in the steerer tube, the bike now weighs 44 lbs and 6 oz.
Still pretty good and then add a total of 6 oz of sealant. I’ve read a lot of differing results on this model’s weight and wanted to also share my results.
Btw, I have the medium frame with a 540 Wh battery. Hope all this info helps with questions on how light or heavy this bike is.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles