Hello from the Midlands UK

DAZ1925

Nov 7, 2018
UK
Hi All,

I've been mountain biking for several years now, mainly in the midlands and Wales. Recently my cycling buddy purchased his first E-bike and for a while I was struggling to keep up with him but I have now taken the plunge myself and purchase a Focus Jam2 LTD as there was a great deal online at a bike shop not too far away. I wish I could say all has gone well from the start but there were a few teething issues, none of which were the bikes fault but more to do with the store I purchased the bike from.

So far I've upgraded the saddle, grips and fitted DMR V12 peddles. I plan to upgrade to a stiffer fork with more travel and tune-ability.

Daz

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Welcome to the group. My neck of the woods, I'm at Cannock chase almost daily.

Nice bike the jam, very nearly had one myself. What dramas did you have? I had a few myself too. Bike damaged etc. Get some pics up.

DAZ1925

Nov 7, 2018
UK
Welcome! Where do you ride around the Midlands and Wales?

Midlands, or close by are Cannock Chase, Sherwood Pines, Hick's Lodge and Pooley view.

Welsh trails are mainly Coed y Brenin, Llandegla, Nant y Arian, Bike Park Wales. I've also done a few others but just once or twice.

DAZ1925

Nov 7, 2018
UK
Welcome to the group. My neck of the woods, I'm at Cannock chase almost daily.

Nice bike the jam, very nearly had one myself. What dramas did you have? I had a few myself too. Bike damaged etc. Get some pics up.

Basically the shop made out they had one in stock to be built but after I Demo'd the store bike around the car park they said that was the only one. I wasn't happy but didn't want to do another three hour round trip to pick up a new build later that week. At no point did they say it was going to be a demo/display model. It had only done 4 miles and they knocked another £50 off.

The second issue was that they sent me away with the wrong charger. So in the end I did have to do the three hour round trip again the next day. Of course it wasn't there fault.... The manufacturer must have shipped the wrong charger with the bike.... Yeah right.

After buying the bike though I did figure out the Walk assist and blue tooth connection which my cycling buddy had given up on.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles