Hello from San Francisco!

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
Or well almost San Francisco. I'm just south on the coast in Pacifica where there's tons of mountain bike trails that I ride pretty much every day.

My name is Tim and my Turbo Levo Expert is my latest e-bike. First one is/was a hub drive I built up for my commute to work. I used a Klein hard tail frame and went with a 72v 4000w system. Awesome for the commute but it sucked for off road play.
Second one is a mid drive I built with a Bafang BBSHD from Luna Cycles and I put it in a Fuji Bighorn hard tail with 27.5+ wheels. It's 52v, 1600w and can climb damn near anything. My wife fell in love with that one and said I can buy my dream bike .... which is my new Levo!

The Levo is so much fun! I love how well it integrates with me and we pretty much become one as we ride.

I've been lurking here for a while and saw there is a huge pool of wisdom here so I just had to join!

Tim

bikerider007

Nov 7, 2018
Norfolk
Welcome to the Pool Tim And TBG... from what i seen ebikes are a bit of a grey area law wise in the states or is that just some states? i,e the no motorised vehicle thing in the forests...

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
Yeah 007, it's a problem in some areas I've found. I've got a really bad knee which is what got me into them in the first place. Since then, I've learned some areas allow them if you've got a mobility issue.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles