Hello from Nottinghamshire

Bnec

Sep 26, 2021
Sherwood Pines
Hi all,

I've been riding road bikes for the last 6-7 years, recently went for a ride with my mates who are all in to trail riding on their eMTBs and I really enjoyed. Currently researching for my first ever eMTB, so I might be asking quite a few questions. :)

I have around about £5.5k budget, currently top of my list of options are the Focus Jam2, Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 or the Specialized Levo SL Comp (Alu).

As for me I'm 85kg and 167cm tall.

Last edited:

Bnec

Sep 26, 2021
Sherwood Pines
Whatever you decide on take stock levels into account ive ordered a cube 160 and currently being told february for delivery
I've just been to another lbs and they stock the trek rails according to their order system, if I was to put a deposit down now, I'd be waiting till Q1 2023.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The bike manufacturers have a build program. They start with one model and work their way through the range. The one you want may be at the end of the program. When I bought my first emtb I ordered an alloy version (in Nov) and was offered end of March. After a week of deliberating I switched to a carbon fibre model and to my surprise I was offered first week in Jan. I queried and was told it was earlier in the build program.
At a different time of the program, my switch to carbon fibre could have worked against me.

Bnec

Sep 26, 2021
Sherwood Pines
The bike manufacturers have a build program. They start with one model and work their way through the range. The one you want may be at the end of the program. When I bought my first emtb I ordered an alloy version (in Nov) and was offered end of March. After a week of deliberating I switched to a carbon fibre model and to my surprise I was offered first week in Jan. I queried and was told it was earlier in the build program.
At a different time of the program, my switch to carbon fibre could have worked against me.

Yer the shortage of bikes currently is bonkers. I know that the rutland store has a specialized levo and levo sl in my size just not sure if I want to pay the specialized premium, though if I want one soon I suppose currently there isn't much choice.

Bnec

Sep 26, 2021
Sherwood Pines
Yer I'm hesitant in buying another specialized bike, my road bike is the specialized diverge which I love but when I brought it I knew nothing about bike components and the like. Now I realise that I can get better kit for the same money as specialized bikes. But at the same time I'm not sure I want to wait over a year for a bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles