Hello from Greece 🇬🇷

alkis

Apr 23, 2024
Greece
Hello to all. I am still in the researching phase of a possible e-bike purchase… so I just thought I’d say hi here and I’ll be lingering around asking questions 😆

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Looking for input - feedback
Additional information may help others to provide you with good input or feedback.
For example, your needs, your use, your budget etc. There are many options out there when it comes to power assist bikes.

A shortlist may help.

alkis

Apr 23, 2024
Greece
Additional information may help others to provide you with good input or feedback.
For example, your needs, your use, your budget etc. There are many options out there when it comes to power assist bikes.

A shortlist may help.
Well lets goooo!!!
My needs/use... well... to get to work dusing the summer months (2Km uphill) and not sweat :).Get out and about once a week (twice if I am lucky). Mainly farming gravel roads and occasionally some trails (20% of the time, maybe less will be on trails).
My budget is limited and that is the reason I am looking into byucycle/bikeflip/revelo to find a good bargain. I am also scanning websites for older bikes that they possibly have left in stock and size XL or XXL.
If I somehow manage to get the funds together I was lokoing at these
  • Radon RENDER 9.0 750
  • ORBEA WILD H30
  • MONDRAKER CRAFTY CARBON R
  • YT Core 4 Decoy 29
  • Ghost E-ASX 160 Univ
  • Stevens E-inception ED8.7
  • Cube Stereo hybrid 160
  • Commencal Meta Power 29
  • Santa Cruz Bullet
  • Haibike Nduro 8
I know some of these are crazy expensive so I don;t even know why they are in the list :LOL:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Well lets goooo!!!
My needs/use... well... to get to work dusing the summer months (2Km uphill) and not sweat :).Get out and about once a week (twice if I am lucky). Mainly farming gravel roads and occasionally some trails (20% of the time, maybe less will be on trails).
My budget is limited and that is the reason I am looking into byucycle/bikeflip/revelo to find a good bargain. I am also scanning websites for older bikes that they possibly have left in stock and size XL or XXL.
If I somehow manage to get the funds together I was lokoing at these
  • Radon RENDER 9.0 750
  • ORBEA WILD H30
  • MONDRAKER CRAFTY CARBON R
  • YT Core 4 Decoy 29
  • Ghost E-ASX 160 Univ
  • Stevens E-inception ED8.7
  • Cube Stereo hybrid 160
  • Commencal Meta Power 29
  • Santa Cruz Bullet
  • Haibike Nduro 8
I know some of these are crazy expensive so I don;t even know why they are in the list :LOL:
Yes, some of those can be expensive …especially a full suspension (shock and fork) model.
IMO mid drive assist motors are the way to go. There’s about 5 reliable motor manufacturers to choose from that are fitted to a variety of bike frame manufacturers.

If it was me, based on your use, I would settle for a mid-drive powered assist hard-tail. Most of these are very capable for trails (depending on tires) and are great as a commuter. A full suspension may be overkill for your use. Also, a hardtail is cheaper than a full suspension.

A decent hardtail could be had for less than $4K (CDN) whereas a good full suspension mid-drive could be $6K +(up to $19K) CDN.

Your use and budget would likely help you decide. My son got my Powerfly 5 hardtail which he finds perfect for his use. This allowed me to get the Trek Fuel EXE full suspension which was perfect for my use.

A reputable LBS is also a good idea.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles