Hello from Dorset and vertical bike hooks

lhglaze

Nov 5, 2018
Bournemouth
Hi everyone. Another newbie here. I’m testing a Specialized Turbo Levo comp this weekend, very excited to buy my first ebike (whatever it ends up being). I’m looking forward to trying some enduro racing on it in the future, hopefully meet some of you guys then.

Does anyone have recommendations for storing an ebike vertically. I’m looking at various hooks but a lot of them have a weight limit. I need to store 5 bikes in the new shed And stagger them to save space. Thanks in advance, Lucy

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
basic steel (plastic coated) screw in hooks from a DIY shop screwed into the supports is probably your cheapest option. if your shed doesn't have suitable support beams a length of 2x4 screwed to the shed wall and hooks screwed into that should work.
I've hung many bikes like this staggering them by height and hung so their rear wheel's still touch the ground taking a lot of the weight.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Try Steady rack https://www.steadyrack.com/ I've bought a fat one but havent set it up yet.
They look great, though quite pricy if you have several bikes.

I have used these cheap hooks from CRC with success for analog bikes (with the rear wheel still on the ground, obviously), though you have to chop a bit off the end to get MTB tyres in. I am not sure they would go beyond a 2.5" though. If you are worried about there not being enouygh screws there is plenty of area to drill to add more.

Last edited:

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I use these and have found them to be pretty damn good for the application I use them for.

delta bike hook | eBay

Really easy to fit as long as you have a solid base to screw them to. I always ensure when fitting the hook to the wall that the rear wheel of the bike you are going to 'support' rather than 'hang' is still on the ground. That way there is no real weight on the hook which means it can also easily support the extra weight of a DH bike or an ebike. As you can see in the photos below you can squeeze quite a few bikes into a fairly smallish area. The bikes are really easy to remove and also slot back in as required.

Wall hanger 001.jpg

Wall hanger 002.jpg

Wall hanger 004.jpg

lhglaze

Nov 5, 2018
Bournemouth
I use these and have found them to be pretty damn good for the application I use them for.

delta bike hook | eBay

Really easy to fit as long as you have a solid base to screw them to. I always ensure when fitting the hook to the wall that the rear wheel of the bike you are going to 'support' rather than 'hang' is still on the ground. That way there is no real weight on the hook which means it can also easily support the extra weight of a DH bike or an ebike. As you can see in the photos below you can squeeze quite a few bikes into a fairly smallish area. The bikes are really easy to remove and also slot back in as required.

View attachment 7303

View attachment 7304

View attachment 7306
This one looks good to me, thanks very much

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles