Hello from Colorado!

Evorob220

Jun 7, 2022
Colorado
Hello, I’m new here to the forums! Looking forward to discussing upgrades with you all!

I mostly use my eMTB for commuting to/from work, 10 miles each way on hardpack trails with some relatively minor climbs (some occasional use on local singletrack course):

My hard tail 27.5”+ XC eMTB:
2017 Bulls Six50 e1.5
Bosch Performance Line CX (gen 3)

Upgrades:
SKS fenders
Cane creek thudbuster ST
18t SRAM chainring (up from original 15t)
11-42t 10-spd cassette (up from 11-36t)
Ibera PakRak rack and panniers
Bontrager MTB pedals
Bontrager grips
Volspeed chip

Future upgrades:
Shorter cranks (160mm from 175mm)
Tires (currently Schwalbe smart sam 2.6”)

A0E23542-C71C-4232-B96D-C504C9B1DC3F.jpeg

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Nice commuter (y)

Where are you in Colorado?
How many months of the year are you able to commute on the bike?

Evorob220

Jun 7, 2022
Colorado
Nice commuter (y)

Thank you very much! I’m loving it.

I’m in the front range area north of Denver. Winter weather isn’t too bad here compared to some of the more mountainous areas. Time will tell how much I get in over the winter, I got 1-4 days a week in pretty consistently since I got this ebike in May, winter conditions just require some extra layers and good lights for the trails since the time change, so far!

I commuted 3 days last week with some bitter cold mornings, and yesterday in some snowy trail conditions (we got 3.5 inches Monday night). Cold doesn’t bother me too much, though it is more of a factor at ebike speeds. This mountain eBike eats up snow no problem, though! Looking forward to keeping it going as long as I can through the winter this season!

Evorob220

Jun 7, 2022
Colorado
Nice commuter (y)

Thank you very much! I’m loving it.

I’m in the front range area north of Denver. Winter weather isn’t too bad here compared to some of the more mountainous areas. Time will tell how much I get in over the winter, I got 1-4 days a week in pretty consistently since I got this ebike in May, winter conditions just require some extra layers and good lights for the trails since the time change, so far!

I commuted 3 days last week with some bitter cold mornings, and yesterday in some snowy trail conditions (we got 3.5 inches Monday night). Cold doesn’t bother me too much, though it is more of a factor at ebike speeds. This mountain eBike eats up snow no problem, though! Looking forward to keeping it going as long as I can through the winter!
Welcome to the site
thank you!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles