Hello Friends, for welcoming me into your Forum. I ask for help dear World Bikers, I'm Valerio, and I live in Italy, I've had a Specialized Turbolevo

Trombike

Sep 8, 2023
Italia
I ask for help dear World Bikers, I'm Valerio, and I live in Italy, I've had a Specialized Turbolevo Carbon for 18 months. The lower bearing seat in my steering column broke. While going down a very bumpy slope at speed, to jump a very deep hole, I tried to pull up the front end of the bike with the front wheel, I was unable to climb the obstacle completely. I managed to hold the bicycle and make it roll but upon impact, I heard a noise....it was the seat of the lower bearing of the steering tube, broken, crack in the specialized turbulent steering column. The E-bike does not have a mark or scratch. in 18 months I replaced for defects under warranty, 2 Brose brakes, a shock, overhauled Fox 38 fork, 2 engine socket doors, the engine socket cable. The bike has always been respected and officially maintained and has traveled 2000 km. Specialized DOES NOT recognize my warranty. He offers me a frame for 3500 euros. Do you know anyone who has had the same problem???? Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience. Valerio

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If I read your post correctly you failed to clear a hole on a trail at speed .....presumably nose planting the bike which resulted in a cracked headtube...............and Specialized have declined to accept the damage as being within their warranty.

Assuming all of the above is correct I assume Specialized have concluded the damage to the frame was caused by your accident not by a manufacturing fault so I'm afraid your only option is accept the cost for a new frame unless you can a composite expert to see if it can be repaired.

Trombike

Sep 8, 2023
Italia
Se ho letto correttamente il tuo post, non sei riuscito a liberare una buca su un sentiero in velocità ..... presumibilmente piantando il muso della bici che ha provocato un tubo sterzo rotto.............. e Specialized hanno rifiutato di accettare il danno come rientrante nella loro garanzia.

Supponendo che tutto quanto sopra sia corretto, presumo che Specialized abbia concluso che il danno al telaio è stato causato dal tuo incidente e non da un difetto di fabbricazione, quindi temo che la tua unica opzione sia accettare il costo per un nuovo telaio, a meno che tu non possa farlo con un esperto di compositi vedere se è possibile ripararlo.
Hi Mike,

Trombike

Sep 8, 2023
Italia
Ciao Mike, quando ho acquistato l'e-bike, il rivenditore ha modificato l'attacco del manubrio, per mantenere le misure della bicicletta che avevo permutato. Inoltre, il meccanico mi ha montato la toppa eccentrica originale, per accorciare l'interasse tra le ruote. Nei colloqui tra il concessionario e l'assistenza Specialized la colpa è del pezzo di ricambio non originale (montato dal concessionario). Credo invece che il problema sia causato dalla toppa (originale) che sostituisce l'anello che contiene il cuscinetto superiore. La sede del cuscinetto inferiore si è rotta e, a mio parere, non lavora in asse con quello superiore in quanto è sfalsata, tramite l'accessorio, di 1,2°. Come dici tu, Specialized mi ha scritto che la rottura è stata dovuta ad un impatto accidentale, ma non c'è alcun segno di urto sul telaio, sulla ruota, sul manubrio. Sono scoraggiato e addolorato per la loro scelta, con tutti i problemi che avevano prima, percorrendo 2000 km. circa tra 16 mesi. non è giusto. Ho comprato una e-mtbike, come se fosse una Ferrari e questo è il risultato. E pensare che pensavo di essere utile alla causa creando il prossimo turbolento più robusto e invece. Devo intraprendere un'azione legale....non è giusto. Grazie Mike per la risposta, buona vita.
Valerio

turbolevo (1).jpg turbolevo (2).jpg turbolevo (3).jpg turbolevo (4).jpg turbolevo (6).jpg

Trombike

Sep 8, 2023
Italia
Hi Mike, when I purchased the e-bike, the dealer modified the handlebar stem, to maintain the measurements of the bicycle I had traded in. Furthermore, the mechanic fitted me the original eccentric patch, to shorten the distance between the wheels. In discussions between the dealer and Specialized assistance, the fault lies with the non-original spare part (fitted by the dealer). Instead, I believe that the problem is caused by the (original) patch that replaces the ring that contains the upper bearing. The lower bearing seat has broken and, in my opinion, does not work in axis with the upper one as it is offset, using the accessory, by 1.2°. As you say, Specialized wrote to me that the breakage was due to an accidental impact, but there is no sign of impact on the frame, on the wheel, on the handlebars. I am discouraged and saddened by their choice, with all the problems they had before, traveling 2000 km. in about 16 months. it's not right. I bought an e-mtbike, as if it were a Ferrari and this is the result. And to think that I thought I was useful to the cause by creating the next more robust turbulent and instead. I need to take legal action....it's not right. Thanks Mike for the reply, have a good life.
Valerio

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I appreciate English is not your first language but if I have interpreted what you have explained above correctly, I believe you are referring to the adjustable headset cups which are standard on Gen 3 Levos. Regardless which setting the bike shop set on your bike all the resultant headset angles are within the parameters for frame reliability and will have been the subject of tests by Specialized before the Gen3 was released. That said, every frame has its limits. You frame is certainly a write off because that headtube is destroyed. I'm afraid you have no other option that to buy another frame.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles