Hello EMTB Forum - New Member!!!

Parker

Oct 14, 2020
Derbyshire
Hi all

Looking at popping into Cyclmonster in Derby on Friday to look at some ebikes with a view at purchasing soon my first e-bike.
I like the look of the new Haibike Allmtn 7 and the Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Action team - not sure which one to go for. In terms of suspension they are both 160mm bikes, however the haibike is powered by Yamaha and the Cube is powered by Bosch.
Any hints and tips would be most welcome especially from folk who ride either of these 2 bikes or maybe could throw something else into the mix.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Welcome along.

In the 150/160 range there is an abusrd amount of bikes available and i doubt you will be disappointed with any of them. However the biggest thing for me was being able to sit on them and get a feel for the geometry. I ended up going for a whyte e160 rs after weighing up my options but supply of the bikes isn't great. Couldn't justify waiting around for the EP8 bikes to actually start becoming available.

If you can travel a little north je james cycles chesterfield have quite a few bikes in this range and their rotheram store had loads although a bit more in the extremes of what you could pay for an ebike.

It might be obvious but don't be pressured into getting the wrong sized bike just because there is one in stock.

Parker

Oct 14, 2020
Derbyshire
Thanks Rahr85 - Will be having a good look and feel for the bikes and different brands before finally making a decision. Rob's youtube channel is also a good resource as well as the EMTB book that came through the post last week - was well impressed how much content was in the book over all types of ebikes from adventure to cargo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles