Hello and question: should I keep or sell my non e-bike

Al-Rider

Oct 14, 2018
Lisboa, Portugal
Hello from Portugal. I'm currently riding a Commençal Meta AM V4 non e-bike and am seriously considering purchasing the Commençal Meta Power (same geometry, same travel,...). My question is: should I keep my Meta V4 or, once you start using the e-bike you tend to forget about non e-bikes?

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
Hello from Portugal. I'm currently riding a Commençal Meta AM V4 non e-bike and am seriously considering purchasing the Commençal Meta Power (same geometry, same travel,...). My question is: should I keep my Meta V4 or, once you start using the e-bike you tend to forget about non e-bikes?
I sold my mtb when I got a new EMTB partly because I did not have room for it in my garage but also because I doubt I would ride it instead of my new EMTB

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Keep it for now and make a decision in 3-6 months when it is clear the type of riding you are doing (or not doing) on both bikes. You will be much better able to judge by that point.

D

Deleted member 1275

Hi @Al-Rider

All good points raised so far but for me, I will be keeping my non-e (analogue) bike for sure. As much as I am really enjoying the eMTB thing, my old 26'er absolutely still has its place. Also, irrespective of what the eMTB now delivers, I suspect my 17 year old Spesh Enduro would be pretty much worthless on the second market.

Its also great to go and ride a chuckable 13kg bike around compared to the behemoth I've got now! :)

crazymac680

Oct 18, 2018
isle of lewis
I'm selling my Cannondale trigger 140mm to get a 160mm ebike. To raise funds and to save space. I'm keeping my 26" hardtail which is still a good bike and it has a child seat for taking my two year old out for a spin.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I’m keeping mine for bike parks with uplifts.

I think modernism is Leaning towards getting rid of anything you haven’t used for 3 months :)

That said I haven’t used mine In 2 years!

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Personally I have kept my MTB All Mountain to be alternated with the Enduro eMTB and I also think to make it an extreme Enduro or DH for the exits with van or in park. As long as I can also have fun with those I do not see why limit myself to the only assisted when I can choose based on who I go out with, what I do, where I go and the physical form of the moment.

GuyBerry

Sep 26, 2018
Belgium
I keep my Scott Spark RC Pro 2018, and use the Levo 2019 for commuting, lazy forest rides and trips to the Ardennes and Alps.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Depends. I had to sell my normal bike to fund the ebike. If you don't have to, keep it a while. I had the same concerns as you before it even arrived. "well if I don't like it the new intense primer is out in 6m, I'll just go back".

If I had both bikes available to ride now. Would I take the Bugatti, 10k super trail bike, or BMW 4k ebike. I'm sorry, it's the latter. It's giving me more fun, more adrenaline, which is why I ride. I can save energy on the ups and transitions, so I can ride every down like it's my first. That's just priceless.

Yes, I'm less floaty and poppy with the ebike and I miss that, but the gains out weigh it.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Keep it. as after riding it for a few months you start to wonder- "can I still ride a normal bike up a hill, or do I have bungalow legs and no cardio fitness now"

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Depends where you are and the riding you do. If you’re somewhere like Finale in Italy where the infrastructure is totally geared to uplift with shuttles, a normal bike is the best option. However, I have both a road and mountain ebike and found I wasn’t using any or my old bikes so I’ve just sold 3 mountain bikes, which were clogging up valuable space. I’ve kept my road bike, because it’s a thing of beauty (A De Rosa), it’s faster than my ebike on the flat (not too much effort to go above the ebike limit of 45k) and i have friends who want to go road biking and i want to be able to join them. So, only keep what you know you are going to use.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles