Levo Gen 3 Headsets - Stock vs Alt Aftermarket

RM.SGO

Apr 25, 2020
Danville, CA
Just kicked off a new S-Works build with a 2022 frameset. Wanted to take the chance to consider an alternative headset / bearings to the stock units if it makes sense. Anyone have experience / recommendation? Can a standard off the shelf set work with the Levo adjustable cups?

Thanks.

RM.SGO

Apr 25, 2020
Danville, CA
According to Chris King they don't have a headset designed to work with the Gen3 headset cups. Actually had a unit on order today until they confirmed fitment issue

trx

Dec 5, 2022
Milan
I contacted them about the DROPSET 5 and this is what they said:
Thanks for contacting Chris King Customer Support, as long as your specialized does not have adjustable angle headset cups that headset will be compatible with your frame. If it uses the adjustable cups there may be issues in the +1 and -1 settings but the neutral setting should work fine.
other options from what I could understand could be Hope HSC8 and Wolf Tooth Premium IS Headsets for Specialized

veryoldfart

Oct 1, 2020
Suffolk
I have a 2022 S Works Levo ie Gen3. I asked for it to be built-up using a Chris King headset. The CK headset fits ( and works perfectly) but it does not offer the range of head angles that are possible with the stock headset. ie +1 and -1 as stated above.

If, like me, you just want to ride and accept that Spesh may have a fairly good idea of what works, then stick with the standard head angle settings and use the available CK headset. Then just ride and enjoy and forget.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles