Head Angle After installing 36 Fox Factory 160mm Fork?

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
Hey everyone
So installed my fork many months and about 2000 miles ago on my 2019 Levo Comp. For fun I wanted to check the head angle and I came up with 62 degrees! That's WAY more slacker than stock 66.04.
Could I be doing it wrong? I measured at turned the bike 180 degrees to confirm the ground was not affecting the measurement.
Has anyone else taken that measurement with that fork?

Swan

Oct 19, 2019
North Idaho, US
This is my Levo with a 180mm fork on it.. Right on 65°. It's going to be 65.5- 66° at 160mm.

20191101_124023.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@muzzman1 Do you have a protective cover on your phone that might be interfering with the measurement accuracy?

How repeatable is the measurement if you keep removing the phone and doing it again, or measuring on different parts of the fork? The only other thing I can think of is the phone correctly calibrated? So for example if you put on your kitchen worktop do you get a zero reading?

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
@muzzman1 Do you have a protective cover on your phone that might be interfering with the measurement accuracy?

How repeatable is the measurement if you keep removing the phone and doing it again, or measuring on different parts of the fork? The only other thing I can think of is the phone correctly calibrated? So for example if you put on your kitchen worktop do you get a zero reading?
No case on the phone, very repeatable. Compared a surface with my 3' level and the phone.
I measured the actual head tube though.
....and now I measure from the stanchions. Same result. (I am also measuring with the top/bottom of the phone since the phone has buttons protruding from the long sides.)

Swan

Oct 19, 2019
North Idaho, US
The stanchion is the place to measure from. The Headtube doesn't always contour and carry the same angle as the fork and stanchions. You have something going on with your phone while measuring. Unless you are trying to measure the Headtube under sag or something like that. Even a 200mm fork on a Levo wouldn't be 62°.

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
Thanks for the tips guys, unfortunately I just went on another ride today and my motor S#it the bed. No support anymore and free spins. I dropped it off at my dealer.

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
You’re going to love the new motor. I got one because of the noise. Fortunately I was able to still ride mine until the day the motor arrived. First ride on the new one, amazing! More torque and usability, zero drag and works as advertised. Be patient and drop a line to rider care if you have to wait too long, more than a week is too long.

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
You’re going to love the new motor. I got one because of the noise. Fortunately I was able to still ride mine until the day the motor arrived. First ride on the new one, amazing! More torque and usability, zero drag and works as advertised. Be patient and drop a line to rider care if you have to wait too long, more than a week is too long.
Great info! Thanks. I'm already chomping at the bit. The weather over here in SoCal is epic this morning, and Im sitting here at my computer and not riding! :cautious:

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
I stumbled upon a great deal on a 2018 Kenevo Expert yesterday, so I bought it! I've wanted one for a while so I have a bike a bit different than my Levo. I have a spare now!
So I am back on the trails as of this morning!

IMG_0413.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles