Having a dirty weekend, photo thread.

E

EddieJ

Nothing clean about this thread. :poop:

Some Bosch DU shots to start the ball rolling.

edit.. Woops, I'll try to resize these!

image.jpg

image.jpg

53zx.jpg

z5a.jpg

zz6.jpg

z2ee.jpg

xd2ebr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
E

EddieJ

This is one aspect that I don't like about it.

use_41.jpg

The conditions are a very acidic and corrosive mix of powder fine sand, which acts as grinding paste. It absolutely destroys everything, and is one of the reasons that I have switched away from full suspension bikes. The novelty of replacing bushes and bearing soon wears off.
You can see the corrosion starting after just a short period of stopping.

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
:eek: Yes I can see your point, that does look expensive and to be fair they don't need much help in consuming transmission parts anyway, let alone bathed in grinding paste.

E

EddieJ

That reminds me of countless night rides, where we head out and all is fine, then suddenly the temperature drops and you can't then change gear as everything on the bike freezes. You have to love riding at this time of year.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
My daughter and her fella after a recent enduro , Iam hoping the ebike will be reliable in this sort of wet and mud ?

D96DB775-CCB2-437E-87BA-731CDF8A3FB6.jpeg

E

EddieJ

My daughter and her fella after a recent enduro , Iam hoping the ebike will be reliable in this sort of wet and mud ?

If you have the Bosch drive unit, then the first thing to do if you intend to ride in muddy winter conditions, is to remove any sprocket guard that might be fitted.

Bimba

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Birmingham
This mornings #mtb ride over #clenthills before work was a muddy affair, but like they say “if your not getting dirty you’re not doing it right”!

84E1E845-A0F4-46F4-99CF-965E1DC8B914.jpeg

5287EF7F-6F7D-410C-8D31-2B464BD572CF.jpeg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
If you have the Bosch drive unit, then the first thing to do if you intend to ride in muddy winter conditions, is to remove any sprocket guard that might be fitted.
Eddie, can you expand on this please? I have the Bosch DU and ride in whatever the prevailing conditions are.

E

EddieJ

No problem.

If you look at the third photo down from the top, the sprocket has a guard, this has been removed from any of the other photos.

The guard if fitted, allows for a build up of mud, which can ultimately build up enough and make the chain slip. With one fitted there is also a greater chance of chain suck happening, again because of the build up of mud.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I’ve had that already. Grass and mud wrapped round it. Ages spent with a small flat blade getting it out.
It’s coming off this weekend.

E

EddieJ

You need to throw the mudguard in the bin.

I used to suffer the same issue of mud build up with a mudguard fitted. Throwing it away solved the issue straight away.

20.JPG

E

EddieJ

A lovely Sunday spin! I decided to venture into the local private playground to start planning out this years trails, but couldn't resist some muddy fun at the same time.

For some reason I didn't make this section. Rider error!

za21.jpg za22.jpg

The rest was easy enough though.

za7.jpg za9.jpg za1.jpg za2.jpg za12.jpg za14ed.jpg

A Bosch weekend.

za16.jpg za17.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
A beautiful day at Cannock Chase today, muddy but rideable and certainly better than my last visit in the snow. 4 trail trolls met up today for the ride, 2 Levos, 1 Moustache and my Powerfly. We were also joined at various times by a chipped KTM Fatbike and a Cube of some sort.
Rider ability ranged from sponsored e-enduro to wobbly noob.
IMG_2859.JPG

Can’t remember exactly where this was taken but it was before any of us fell off...

I was first, with a big off at speed that had me landing on my head, so that’s a new helmet then. :(
Then the first of the two Levo crashes occurred, fortunately with no harm done, followed by the Moustache pilot losing the front end and plowing into a tree (that he’d been aiming for to use as a berm...). Again, the only casualty was his pride. Then the other Levo rider decided that staying on the bike was clearly optional and had an impromptu sit down. Finally, on the way back to the car I messed up a plank crossing and faceplanted on the trail, breaking the Intuvia surround and ripping the +/- button off the remote. I also got myself a nice shiner to take on holiday...
IMG_2862.JPG

E

EddieJ

Orange do exactly the same, and is something that I consider a completely stupid design.

But then I think the same of having a downtube mounted battery, that makes mid ride changes of battery a muddy messy nightmare. It is a really crap design.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Orange do exactly the same, and is something that I consider a completely stupid design.

But then I think the same of having a downtube mounted battery, that makes mid ride changes of battery a muddy messy nightmare. It is a really crap design.
Honestly its stupid. It took me about 10 minutes to turn the bike on again. I literally had to chip the ice off the battery to get to the tiny switch. I couldn't do it with gloves on either, the switch is too small.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles