Levo Gen 2 have brose fixed the motor issues yet ?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I looked at every possible combinations I could not see anything that remotely looks like 2019 20 or 21
My battery is in house not in bike so can't put on mission control and show you. If I remember it's not all the numbers just some. If i figured it out its not hard im sure there was pics on here showing it. I m out tomorrow will check if you are still struggling.

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
Yes, exactly what I mean. The jumping is interesting. I have heard a few people stating this, but can't yet see why this should affect the belt? Are you sure it's the belt? Or is this what you have been told? Sprag bearing failure and belt failure can produce identical results. Sorry for all the questions, just interested.

Well, I did not open the motor, so I can't be sure. But the motor is spinning and the the cranks are not moving. Also, the rear wheel can't spin backwards. This is exactly what happened with the first motor after ~ 380 km.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yes, exactly what I mean. The jumping is interesting. I have heard a few people stating this, but can't yet see why this should affect the belt? Are you sure it's the belt? Or is this what you have been told? Sprag bearing failure and belt failure can produce identical results. Sorry for all the questions, just interested.
I'm a good pedal striker got 18 months 2600 miles before it went though. Not so bad at it now , i love technical climbing and being 15 and a half stone so they go hand in hand .

Winger

May 28, 2020
Birmingham
Interesting this thread popping up again, I’m 1400 miles currently motor is running like a good’un, wife went from a Whyte 150s to Cube 160 Stereo, both with Bosch motors the Brose will outrun either Turbo V Turbo

BTTB

Jan 10, 2019
Planet Earth
Well after 624miles I noticed that while I was cleaning the chain and rotated my pedals backwards the motor didn't disengage as it had done previously.

Unsure I wanted expert advise and PM'd @Bearing Man and Pete replied uber quick and with a great diagnosis and recommendation 😀

I want to say thanks to Pete , but also to say if you live up in the North West of England then you're in luck.

After dealing with Rich at Leisure Lakes Bury with my warranty claim I won't be going anywhere else....

I called LL Thursday late afternoon, asked to bring it in Friday AM... by Monday morning got a phone call saying new motor fitted and ready for pickup. New motor is Sept 2020 so fingers crossed 🤞 it holds out.

Absolutely fantastic service from both Pete @Bearing Man and Rich at Leisure Lakes 👏 😀 👍

BTTB

Jan 10, 2019
Planet Earth
Looks like 18th September 2020 , but I could be worry

Screenshot_20220613-154707.jpg

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Well after 624miles I noticed that while I was cleaning the chain and rotated my pedals backwards the motor didn't disengage as it had done previously.

Unsure I wanted expert advise and PM'd @Bearing Man and Pete replied uber quick and with a great diagnosis and recommendation 😀

I want to say thanks to Pete , but also to say if you live up in the North West of England then you're in luck.

After dealing with Rich at Leisure Lakes Bury with my warranty claim I won't be going anywhere else....

I called LL Thursday late afternoon, asked to bring it in Friday AM... by Monday morning got a phone call saying new motor fitted and ready for pickup. New motor is Sept 2020 so fingers crossed 🤞 it holds out.

Absolutely fantastic service from both Pete @Bearing Man and Rich at Leisure Lakes 👏 😀 👍
You had to wait 3days for someone to fit an old motor , that’s an absolute disgrace ☺️ But seriously…………..it is ☺️

BTTB

Jan 10, 2019
Planet Earth
You had to wait 3days for someone to fit an old motor , that’s an absolute disgrace ☺ But seriously…………..it is ☺
I'm just mega happy 😊 I'm able to ride again and 3 days ain't bad as it did include getting the motor shipped in 😉 and a day of rest.

Just wish the motor had a newer manufacturer date... but hey-hoo its still got 15months warranty remaining , best get some miles in now over summer.

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
I was under the impression that motors still had the rolling warranty. My LBS even said as much when I specifically asked about this. Where does it state this is no longer the case?

BTTB

Jan 10, 2019
Planet Earth
I was under the impression that motors still had the rolling warranty. My LBS even said as much when I specifically asked about this. Where does it state this is no longer the case?
My bike was bought September 2019, so 33months old, given Specialized extended 2019 bikes to 4 years warranty I believe I have a further 15 months warranty remaining no matter what new parts are fitted under warranty 😢
Be much better if it was a rolling warranty on any replacement parts 🤔

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
I had read that the motor has a 2 year warranty, and any replacement would get a fresh 2 year warranty, which is what my LBS confirmed to me as well. So not an indefinite warranty on the motor but...

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
It depends on the country. Here in Slovakia motor warranty restarts when the motor is replaced. I presume that it is a legal thing here.

fletch

May 12, 2020
lancs

[/QUOTE i too dropped

Same here for service at LL in Bury. Dropped off yesterday morning, went to watch top gun and got a txt as i came out saying it was done. Picked up today and given a quick test and all seems good.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
My 2020 TL Expert has just been booked in with Specialized Concept store for the 22nd July.
Over the last week or so, after a couple of minutes use, the motor has started making a slight clicky, rattling kind of noise. To me it sounds similar to when the chain rubs on the chain guide.
Purchased towards the end of 2019, I think its done somewhere around 1400 miles (km?). It's had a relatively easy life so far.

Last edited:

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I did 1,000 miles + on my 2019 TL Expert with no motor or battery issues. Some of that riding wa through deep flood water with zero ingress as well. So I must admit I was very impressed with the Brose motor and battery combo. Now running an EP8 at around 350 miles no issues and no clutch clacking sound detected so far, maybe I am just deaf :)

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
My 2020 TL Expert has just been booked in with Specialized Concept store for the 22nd July.
Over the last week or so, after a couple of minutes use, the motor has started making a slight clicky, rattling kind of noise. To me it sounds similar to when the chain rubs on the chain guide.
Purchased towards the end of 2019, I think its done somewhere around 1300 miles (km?). It's had a relatively easy life so far.
Ive being gentler this year with 19 Tl Expert i have been using more landrover type tracks in the winter so not getting covered in mud the same. Just curious to see if it makes any difference . This latest motor was fitted December 21 got 1150 miles so far. 2600 mls first one went . Nothing wrong with the second one it had done 2000mls . It was in for a warranty claim on frame and shop plugged in the motor and an error came up so they changed it out . I would be tempted with a E gravel bike if there is such a thing . Definitely wouldn't pay what they are asking nowadays for a high spec Levo . But thefun factor has been brilliant.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Took my bike to the Concept Store in Chester at 11am this morning. Collected it again at 4pm.
The guy said he needed to keep it all day to check the motor wasn't going into deep sleep or something. Has anyone heard of this before?

Anyway, new motor fitted and the bike is nice and quiet again :)

Screenshot_20220722-170812.jpg

[Edit] just noticed the wheel circumference is still 2300 so I'll have to pop back again sometime.

Last edited:

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Spoke to the Concept Store this morning who say it is a new version of firmware from Turbo Studio. And they could change the circumference quickly, but would not set it to 2000 again as it would set the top speed above the legal limit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles