Haibike Yamaha pw-x2 and battery problem

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
Hoping someone can help with what is a weird thing that's happened to me I will set out the bike a bit of history and where i am now;

Haibike allmtn7 2021, still in warranty, been fine for over less than 1000 miles. have 2nd battery and alternate between the two, always stored about 50% and swapped every couple of months. Never had any charging problems or issues with anything. Last ride was 30 mile sportive started with full battery and finished with two bars left showing on the controller. left bike for about a week then charged overnight for a ride the next day. Got the bike out switched on showing full battery, rode 500 yards on tarmac then hit gravel and everything switched off. Removed the battery and pressed the button on the bottom and it would not light up any of the LED's, and wont charge at all, tested the two chargers i have on 2nd battery and both are OK, but wont charge first battery.

Put 2nd battery in the bike and it killed that one as well, same circumstances.

Last edited:

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
Now been in pureelectric shop in Southampton (LBS) for nearly a month dropped it off on 1st March, no coms from the shop at all just been told that Raleigh (Haibike importer) have said to try a new charger, I told them i had already tried that the shop has done similar and nothing fixed. i asked what was happening and they said waiting for Raleigh asked when i could expect the return of a bike which cost nearly £6,000 they said they didn't know they were waiting on Raleigh/Haibike. Will i ever buy another haibike not looking likely!

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
Update; its been in the shop for over a month, shop has now contacted me to say that Raleigh/haibike have said it will be 15 weeks before they can get another battery to the bike shop to "test it" even though they have not authorised the shop to do any actual repairs, they said it was the charger i told them it wasn't, when i took it in, they now think its the battery, it wont be. So after waiting 15 weeks for the replacement battery to arrive i am presuming they will then kill that battery as well, as nothing has been done to the bike to repair any fault. i am then guessing they will then do something to try and find/repair the fault, then wait another 15 weeks for another battery so they can to test it again. I am wondering what my options are now to be honest, I have lost all faith in Raleigh/Haibike and i'm not sure i would be confident in the bike anymore.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles