Haibike sduro hardseven speed sensor cable replacement

CourtIOW

Dec 23, 2019
Isle of Wight
Hi, my mate got a 2019/20 Haibike sduro hardseven with the yamaha motor in. On ride today the speed sensor plastic has snapped off, so doesn't pick up the magnet.
Can glue back on and may hold for a lil while as no wires between where broken and the end the screws onto chainstay. But has ordered a replacement anyway. But question is, anyone know how easy is it to replace? Where it plug into at the other end?
Looks like cable heads into frame above motor, do you have to drop motor out? Can't find details anywhere.
Thanks
Screenshot_20210418-171933_Chrome.jpg

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
If you invert the bike and remove the plastic motor cover (4 allen key screws), you'll be able to see where the speed sensor loom is guided (on mine at least) under the motor to the loom plug.
You might be luck and have enough wiggle room to disconnect the plug (use a jewelers screwdriver or similar to push on the release lug) and guide the replacement cable through but failing that you'll need to remove the motor by undoing the 2 large bolts and 2 smaller ones (one hidden behind the chainring - I used a cutdown allenkey to get to it). One of you can hold the motor while the other sorts the loom out.
Make sure you don't pinch any cables under the motor when reassembling.

CourtIOW

Dec 23, 2019
Isle of Wight
If you invert the bike and remove the plastic motor cover (4 allen key screws), you'll be able to see where the speed sensor loom is guided (on mine at least) under the motor to the loom plug.
You might be luck and have enough wiggle room to disconnect the plug (use a jewelers screwdriver or similar to push on the release lug) and guide the replacement cable through but failing that you'll need to remove the motor by undoing the 2 large bolts and 2 smaller ones (one hidden behind the chainring - I used a cutdown allenkey to get to it). One of you can hold the motor while the other sorts the loom out.
Make sure you don't pinch any cables under the motor when reassembling.
Great thanks, will have a look for him when it arrives.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles