Haibike Sduro Full Fat Six Riding Reports

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
I have a few questions, but first this problem:

When I got it out of the car after picking it up, obviously the handlebars had been moved and the front wheel taken off... so long story short, the fork ended up the wrong way (D’oh!). I put it back as soon as I had figured it out, however I had done this to the remote fork lockout:

2F3E738E-AB16-4300-B923-0FB06B3B3020.jpeg

Being a bit of a bike noob (only been riding since 2016), I am not sure if I can fix the cable myself.

Can I just take it to a normal bike shop to get it fixed?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I have a few questions, but first this problem:

When I got it out of the car after picking it up, obviously the handlebars had been moved and the front wheel taken off... so long story short, the fork ended up the wrong way (D’oh!). I put it back as soon as I had figured it out, however I had done this to the remote fork lockout:

View attachment 2080

Being a bit of a bike noob (only been riding since 2016), I am not sure if I can fix the cable myself.

Can I just take it to a normal bike shop to get it fixed?
Hi mate. Difficult to see in the picture but is the cable coming out of the housing near the lockout adjuster?

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
It looks like the outer cable is slighly damaged. You, or a local bike shop could just shorten it a little bit and you will be fine. No worries.

Ok, thanks.

Next question:

I was watching this video:

And one of the guys from Haibike mentioned the battery had about 700 cycles in it.

I was personally told 200 cycles. What I did notice, is the fact their battery doesn’t have a blue accent on it. Were they selling better, more reliable batteries for the U.S. market?

I figured it out, and if it’s 200 cycles, then it costs me £3.25 per charge. That’s like needing a new inner tube after every ride!

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Pretty simple job for a bike shop, if you are not confident then take it to the shop.

With regards to battery cycles, there is now way it’s only 200, general consensus and info out there is that closer to 1000 is the norm.

The colouring may just be graphics, as a lot of the batteries are stickers up by the bike companies to try and make them blend in a bit more with the frame.

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Riding report:

decided to take it out even on the Well-Go pedals, for a test ride on some cycle paths. Blown away by how much fun the motor gives. I was busy cycling away, when my left pedal came loose (didn’t pre-ride check my pedals, D’oh!), and basically just fell off. It sheared some of the thread off the crank, but I managed to Allen key the thing tightly back on. Crunched my gears twice: once by down shifting two gears on a climb, and once when I tried to see how fast I could pedal on high, and was changing gears during acceleration. From then on my gears weren’t shifting as smoothly as they had been. I hope that all I need to do is tweak the adjusters of the gear cables. I also heard a ticking sound coming from the front of the bike while riding. It’s in the general area of the cables, but I can tell it’s not from them... going to find out what it is exactly next time I plan on going out again.

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
And the battery won't stop working after n charging cycles. The capacity just decrease over time and use.

Blackbird

May 23, 2018
Netherlands
It is normal for cables to stretch a little during their first few times of operation, perhaps they need a turn tighter.
And like eFat says, battery's just have decreasing capacity over time. Heavely dependant on use.
Do you always drain your battery fully until the bike shuts off, park it in -20 degree weather and charge it next to an industrial furnace in +60 degree enviroment? Then your battery suffers a lot more then if you dont drain it, and store it normaly.

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Riding report:

Let my friend have a go on the bike, while I went on one of my clockworks. Had lots of fun, but didn’t have much time to ride, so it was pretty much just a repeat of last time I rode with him. Trying to convert him to E-bikes, but he still thinks they weigh too much without the motor... I explained to him, “If you think that, why don’t you just keep the motor on?”

The noise my friend thinks is coming from the battery, so I’m stumped at how to solve it.

When I jumped off the clockwork, I scraped a pin on my Superstar Nanos:

4164B2A0-1CB5-4299-B2A8-194C3572239C.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles