HAIBIKE SDURO ALLMTN 5.0 Owners

Shaydap

Mar 26, 2018
Cambridge
Hi guys really thinking of grabbing a Haibike found a good deal on a Sduro Allmtn 5.0 2017

Does anyone own one and have any tips and advice on them

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
I had a 2016 sduro allmtn rc. Same frame. The 2017 5.0 has a tougher fork and nice equpiment. The frame is quite short by todays standards. I removed the large chain ring and front shift. Swapped the small ring for a narrow/wide. Got a shorter stem. Got a Sunrace 11-40 cassette. And installed a single offset bushing, that made descents feel safer.

The Yamaha pw is fine as long as you keep the cadence at about 70.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Didn't have much time when I wrote this yesterday, so I'll elaborate a bit now. The old sduro allmtn frame geometry is a bit dated, and sort of the oposite of the modern long-low-slack trend. I'm 181/5'11 and had a Large. I only used the bike for trails and didn't need the large front chain ring, but for an allround bike you may want to keep it. The lowest gear is 32-36, and that isn't that low. So I swapped the cassette for an 11-40 Sunrace. If you get a goatlink for the rear derailleur you can probably go 11-42 or even 11-46.

The single 22,2mm offset bushing dropped the head angle by half a degree, and lowered to bottom bracket a few mm's. I swapped the 70mm stem for one that was 10 or 20mm shorter, don't remember. That really transformed the bike from a long travel allrounder to a quite capable descender. So if you want a capable trail bike, I reccommend looking into this. Cheap and quite easy to do

As I said, the Yamaha PW doesn't handle high cadence very well. From just above 60 to just above 70 rpm it's strong and can be ridden without much effort. I was used to a higher pedal frequency and had to change my riding style a bit.

Stuckmojo

May 21, 2018
Newcastle, UK
I just reserved the same bike, it should be with me soon. I'm aware of the shortfalls: 400w/h battery and the brakes aren't the best. The rest should work nicely. It has a single sprocket up front, which is fine by me. I'm intrigued by the Yamaha motor as it seems to suit me with zero point crank support. Biggest worry is the battery, really. My thinking is that even with an extra battery and top brakes I'm still saving a massive chunk Vs other bikes and I'll customize as I go along. Thanks for reading

Stuckmojo

May 21, 2018
Newcastle, UK
Bike has arrived. It was a bit dirty but it looks like it's brand new. I reckon it's not been used more than a few times. I am charging the battery and can't wait for the working day to finish to have a blast.
I fitted a dropper post and ordered a frame cable inlet for it.
Exciting times :)

Shaydap

Mar 26, 2018
Cambridge
Bike has arrived. It was a bit dirty but it looks like it's brand new. I reckon it's not been used more than a few times. I am charging the battery and can't wait for the working day to finish to have a blast.
I fitted a dropper post and ordered a frame cable inlet for it.
Exciting times :)

What was the verdict?

Stuckmojo

May 21, 2018
Newcastle, UK
What was the verdict?
I love the bike. The motor works a treat. I mostly use eco and eco+ with std on really steep technical climbs. I don't notice a difference between std and high.

Great rear shock, very happy with the gearing and overall feeling. The fork is the weakest spot and the brakes are just adequate.

But boy is it fun. I'll be using it as much as I can and eventually make some improvements. 400wh battery is fine for me for now. I'll get a second one if I decide to go very long distances

Stuckmojo

May 21, 2018
Newcastle, UK
I put 200 miles on the bike in a week. Loving it. I tweaked the setup so it fits me well and learned how to use the motor. Very happy with the instant torque as I can still set off on a steep incline. I need some better riding gear but I'm loving it. I'll add little upgrades over time. I also found out that a spare 500wh battery can be had for less than £400 so that will be bought too, at some point. Thanks for reading.
Capture21.JPG

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I put 200 miles on the bike in a week. Loving it. I tweaked the setup so it fits me well and learned how to use the motor. Very happy with the instant torque as I can still set off on a steep incline. I need some better riding gear but I'm loving it. I'll add little upgrades over time. I also found out that a spare 500wh battery can be had for less than £400 so that will be bought too, at some point. Thanks for reading.
View attachment 1910

Good effort, 200 miles in a weeks ? Glad you’re enjoying the bike ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles