Haibike Launch 18KG LYKE eBike - Fazua Ride 60

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Price😱 haibike was premium components at reasonable price. Seems like that has changed.

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
I like an 85 motor. I have ridden 60's and don't like the way the feel. They need to find a way to get the battery lighter and still have an 85 motor. Lightening a bike and putting in a smaller motor is fine I guess. I'd like to see a light bike with full power. Not lightening a bike with a 400 battery and low power motor.

Aussie78

May 11, 2022
Melbourne, Australia

The current master bathroom status……I went riding instead.

This is standing in the bathroom looking out.

IMG_3418.jpg

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
In my opinion the actual limit of this very interesting category of bike, is the destination of use. If the rider is searching for a trail bike they are wonderfull! The light weight and the agile geometries give to the rider a very dynimc and engaging ride expereince... until the trail become gnarly and very steep.. then they are out of their "comfort zone" and not so fun...
Keeping the travel and components selection in the trail category, permits to the product managers to keep the weight of ebikes under the 18kg mark and to tune the frame geometry torward the agile/snappy territory...

This is the reason why until now the only lightweight real Enduro bike is the Kenevo SL. The rest ( Orbea Rise, Pivot Shulltle SL, Levo SL, Trek Fuel EXe...) are all Trail orineted choices.

My question to @Rob Rides EMTB is: is there space in the market for the lightweight "real Enduro" ebike or does it make more sense to reduce the weight of a full power Enduro machine?
In the end the differece betewen a Full power motor/battery system and a Lightweight one, is just 1,5 kg....

What do you think?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
In my opinion the actual limit of this very interesting category of bike, is the destination of use. If the rider is searching for a trail bike they are wonderfull! The light weight and the agile geometries give to the rider a very dynimc and engaging ride expereince... until the trail become gnarly and very steep.. then they are out of their "comfort zone" and not so fun...
Keeping the travel and components selection in the trail category, permits to the product managers to keep the weight of ebikes under the 18kg mark and to tune the frame geometry torward the agile/snappy territory...

This is the reason why until now the only lightweight real Enduro bike is the Kenevo SL. The rest ( Orbea Rise, Pivot Shulltle SL, Levo SL, Trek Fuel EXe...) are all Trail orineted choices.

My question to @Rob Rides EMTB is: is there space in the market for the lightweight "real Enduro" ebike or does it make more sense to reduce the weight of a full power Enduro machine?
In the end the differece betewen a Full power motor/battery system and a Lightweight one, is just 1,5 kg....

What do you think?
Regarding the trail ebike category, its more likely a commercial decision. Trail category is king, more neutral to sell and can be marketed via stats (like weight - right or wrong - , it is a big driver, its easy for consumers to digest and understand, compared to, say, geometry numbers).

Trail bike = highest amount of sales. Suits broad range of riders, not 'too gnarly'. Look at the success of Levo (vs Kenevo) / Trek Rail etc.
Enduro = slightly more niche market

A bike brand releasing their first bike in a segment will want minimum risk and maximum sales. A 140 29er trail bike is a safe bet.

All bike companies will have enduro super lights, it will just take time.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Right now, the most interesting SL enduro ebike is the Transition Relay. I'd love to try that.

Janisj

Aug 27, 2022
Germany
Hi Rob, one important question. This LED unit in the top tube, it can be pulled up and reveals USB port. What will happen during the rain, there is pretty deep down cavity to accomodate it. Will be there after some time an aquarium, or all water goes into the frame?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi Rob, one important question. This LED unit in the top tube, it can be pulled up and reveals USB port. What will happen during the rain, there is pretty deep down cavity to accomodate it. Will be there after some time an aquarium, or all water goes into the frame?
If water gets in here it’ll go into the frame. There is a cradle that the unit slots into but it’s hollow inside.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I want and like an 85 motor, not 60.

I have both, 85Nm & 60Nm. My cheap analogy is this:

The full fat is like being behind the wheel of a 5.0 ltr Range Rover Vogue, comfortable, powerful, but heavy & a bit crap at corners

The lightweight is like being behind a wheel of a 1.8 ltr Lotus Elise, fun, fast, thrilling and sticks like sh!t to corners

😀

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
T

Thats 40% more power man. What are you doing that you want that? videos, what do you weigh? 65 is more than enough for a 200lb male to pedal uphill with the power of two men running the motor. I love taking a lift to get to the top fast but the excitement is in the downhill. Uphill is simply a means to an end.
just don’t understand people complaining about SL ebikes. They’re awesome for fit people who like a playful bike.
I'm not stopping you from buying one. Hell, buy 2. But, if I get an emtb, I don't want a half assed motor. I've ridden 60's...don't like them. I ride single track woods. 85 motors just fit my riding style. It's like riding a MX bike that is all set up...motor work etc...then going and riding your buddies stocker. No thanks.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
This bike doesn't weigh 18kg. Once you put proper tires on it and pedals expect 20kg
It weighs 18KG as a trail bike build, designed for trail riding. Quoted bike weights are always without pedals 👍

I also rode some light DH trails on it with stock tyres, but it’s not really designed to do that.

Why would you want to put 1.5KG of extra tyre weight on a lightweight trail ebike anyway?!

Could just add an exo+ Assegai at the front and add 350g if you need more grip.

Oupy

Feb 22, 2022
Australia
Both of these categories can co-exist, there is no need to try and convert the masses to one side or the other. It's awesome that we now have more options and it's only going to improve the tech and competition.

It felt like we were finally making progress on the elitism issues of analog vs ebike, and now its starting to happen with full fat vs SL/Mid power emtb instead!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
There's a bike out there for everyone, 5 years ago there where only a handful of proper EMTB's, we've come a long way in a short time.

jaggysnake

Jul 5, 2019
uk
Had a kinesis, waste of time , motor barely had enough power to overcome weight and battery life was terrible.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles