Haibike HardSeven/Nine Carbon 8.0 for €2.600?

docmark

Jun 20, 2018
Tromsø
Hi people,

Looking for some input on my first emtb. I am not experienced at all, so I thought about doing a Haibike hardtail for starters and maybe sell it and buy a full later when I grow bolder. However, I am wondering if maybe I should just go all in from the start, what are your thoughts? I am primarily going to use it to get around the city, but I also want to be able to have fun on the trails when I'm off work as well. I live very close to some amazing mountains, for your consideration.

Also, PWx or CX?

One last thought, I've got a deal on a new Hardseven/nine Carbon 8.0 for €2.600. Is that an offer I can refuse?

sstevens057

Jun 8, 2018
Birmingham
I had the same thoughts when buying my 1st bike. I went to an ebike shop open day, rode the bike I thought I wanted, and didn't like it. Then tried the full sus version and loved it.

Rear suspension gives extra grip around corners as the bike can press into the berm. Set up correctly, the bike will handle much better.

If you can afford it, I would go full sus. But test ride some different bikes, motors, hardtail, full sus, etc.

You can always get deals on bikes, last year's stock etc.

docmark

Jun 20, 2018
Tromsø
Thanks! I'll have to evaluate my economy and test some bikes. The full suspension ones are about €1500 more expensive than the Carbon 8.0 in my area, so it's a big step up.

Blackbird

May 23, 2018
Netherlands
If you want a full suspension in the future i would go for it now, you will only lose money trying to sell a secondhand bike later. For me 90% of riding is commuting or biking around town, to me that is where a hardtail really shines.
I run a second set of wheels with Schwalbe G-One Speed tires in 29x2.35 so it is really very comfortable.

I've ridden full sus bikes on pavement in the past and to me it never felt right, just not that planted feel that a hardtail gives me. Ofcourse your experience may be different.

And that a hardtail can ride trails without any problems is a fact no one can deny, people have done it for ages and will keep on doing just that. That a full sus can be better in some situations (downhill for instance) is also a fact.

But like i said if you are already planning on going ful sus, do it right away, because you are going to love EMTB riding, just like everyone :)

Good luck on picking the right one!

Edit: on the yamaha or bosch question, i went for bosch and i'm loving it! I like the power it gives, i've ridden both and the way a bosch keeps going at faster pedalling speeds (cadence) where the yamaha tapers off just made a big difference to me. The bosch unit is not the most civilised out there but if you are looking for raw power it is hard to beat.

I also own a haibike and to me it has been just great, it is beefy, strong and extremely stable to ride.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I also want to be able to have fun on the trails when I'm off work as well.
I live very close to some amazing mountains

If the budget is there I'd also recommend going for the Full Suss to save all the hassle of buying, realising you love it and want a FS then selling and buying another! Do you know if you can get hold of the Vitus ESommet?

docmark

Jun 20, 2018
Tromsø
If the budget is there I'd also recommend going for the Full Suss to save all the hassle of buying, realising you love it and want a FS then selling and buying another! Do you know if you can get hold of the Vitus ESommet?
Man I wish. The market is really small in Norway. The cheapest full suspension electric bike I can find is the Haibike fullnine 7.0.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles