H15 delayed again. Is my bike shop lying?

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
After being told my rise would be ready around Feb 24th, I was then told it was delayed until April 12th.

Now that date has passed and the shop says "it's still in the orbea factory but they can't send it due to problems and strikes with truck drivers in Spain"

Meanwhile I see new posts every day about people receiving their bikes from orbea. What is going on? Is anyone else getting bikes or am I imagining it. I'm losing my rag now!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
After being told my rise would be ready around Feb 24th, I was then told it was delayed until April 12th.

Now that date has passed and the shop says "it's still in the orbea factory but they can't send it due to problems and strikes with truck drivers in Spain"

Meanwhile I see new posts every day about people receiving their bikes from orbea. What is going on? Is anyone else getting bikes or am I imagining it. I'm losing my rag now!

If it makes you feel better, mine was delayed for months, and once it was finally due (beginning of March) the Spanish transport strike started and it took another five weeks before I finally took delivery. Placed the order in June last year, so 10 months wait in total

Well worth the wait though, you may be frustrated, but you wont be disappointed

Barnicles

Aug 8, 2020
Uk

Did the shop contact you at all or have you had to chase them?

I've just managed to resolve my issue with the same shop for the same bike this week and the thing that annoyed me the most was the lack of contact from them. Even speaking to them they couldn't really give any info and if I hadn't made contact I'd still be waiting without any news now.

Meanwhile I'm 200 miles in on a new bike!

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Did the shop contact you at all or have you had to chase them?

I've just managed to resolve my issue with the same shop for the same bike this week and the thing that annoyed me the most was the lack of contact from them. Even speaking to them they couldn't really give any info and if I hadn't made contact I'd still be waiting without any news now.

Meanwhile I'm 200 miles in on a new bike!
Interesting. No they haven't contacted me a single time, I have had to chase for updates despite being told repeatedly they would be in touch.

Congrats on the bike. What model? They said my H15 was first on the list. If you got your bike surely the Spanish transport strike excuse doesn't hold up?

Thanks.

Kamill

Apr 20, 2022
Massachusetts
If your a medium and want the gray/blue Contender Bikes has an H15 in stock. Jenson also has an XL orange/black. My ship ETA was 3/22 from Jenson which got pushed back. They told me I should expect the bike late May or early June but it was delivered last weekend. The folks over at Mike's Bikes said the only way a date would be accurate is if the bike is already on its way via air cargo freight which takes 7-10 days. Any dates given farther out than that are complete speculation. A bike shop can only tell you as much as they know, Orbea sent this communication out to their dealers

We inform you that in Spain we are currently suffering the consequences of an indefinite transport strike that is directly affecting both reception of material as well as the dispatch of the product.

Due to the uncertainty, we want to make you aware of this situation and inform you that the material that you can receive during this period will be directly affected by the strike, therefore, and due to this situation, expected delivery times expected during these days of your product may vary.

At Orbea we will continue working to alleviate this external setback in a rapid and professional way so that you continue to receive our product in your store as soon as possible.

We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, and we remind you that, if you have any questions, you can contact your Customer Service agent or your commercial agent.

Thank you very much for your trust in Orbea.

https://us17.campaign-archive.com/?u=8d08c4541d0dc85e514df15f4&id=91527d644e

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Here are some current ongoing issues that are having significant impacts on delivery for Cube Bikes and are no doubt effecting multiple brands

In recent months, our industry has been continuously confronted with a wide variety of scenarios, which are unpleasant in themselves, but still manageable. However, the summation of these scenarios creates a challenging overall situation. These circumstances now make precise planning impossible, because our incoming goods can unfortunately only be calculated at short notice. A model that according to the production plan can theoretically be built in the next few weeks may already have a missing component tomorrow, for which we have to wait 8 weeks. The failures and displacements of components can have several causes:

Production outages in Asia
In the production sites of our suppliers in Asia, there are always week-long, unforeseeable lockdowns. After resuming activities, it takes a certain amount of time to get the plants up to 100% capacity again. In some cases, however, this is not permitted due to legal regulations, so that production can only be carried out with a capacity utilization of 50%.

The production capacity for parts manufacturing is currently being significantly limited or even stopped completely due to the shortage of raw materials and sickness-related absences from work. This makes it very difficult to plan the time calculation of the components and repeated postponements of the delivery dates are unfortunately not uncommon.

Restricted transport routes
At the beginning, the corona pandemic had an extremely negative impact on sea freight capacities. There were capacity problems in the ports, so ships could not be unloaded. This resulted in bottlenecks in free containers and ships. Significantly higher transport costs but above all significantly longer transport times are still the result.

Due to the lower capacities of sea freight, there was an even greater use of rail freight as a transport option. The current situation in Russia and Ukraine is now further exacerbating the global supply chains, since this option is no longer available.

Expressed in numbers, this means a short-term postponement of the urgently needed components by another 6-7 weeks.

chip shortage
Our e-bikes are also affected by the general, cross-industry shortage of chips. We receive a binding delivery date from our suppliers no more than 2-4 weeks before the goods are received. This requires very flexible planning of our production and assembly lines.

Unfortunately, there is no improvement in the situation in sight - here, too, the Ukraine conflict is exacerbating production capacities due to the shortage of necessary raw materials.

Flexible production planning
For the reasons mentioned, our production planning now works with a very manageable lead time. We create maximum flexibility by accepting all orders for parts - even if we only need them much later. We accept the resulting financial risk and the more complex logistics. In the meantime, we have converted our finished wheel warehouse into a parts warehouse and put another 5 regional external warehouses into operation. Unfortunately, despite these measures and the enormous amount of components in our warehouses, the utilization of our capacities does not increase significantly. If even one component is not available, a wheel cannot be built.

We apologize for the long wait and the trips we have missed so far. We pull out all the stops to be able to produce and deliver your bike as quickly as possible.

Please note that our customer service cannot give you exact delivery dates for your CUBE bike. The first point of contact remains your CUBE dealer from whom you ordered the bike.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
If your a medium and want the gray/blue Contender Bikes has an H15 in stock. Jenson also has an XL orange/black. My ship ETA was 3/22 from Jenson which got pushed back. They told me I should expect the bike late May or early June but it was delivered last weekend. The folks over at Mike's Bikes said the only way a date would be accurate is if the bike is already on its way via air cargo freight which takes 7-10 days. Any dates given farther out than that are complete speculation. A bike shop can only tell you as much as they know, Orbea sent this communication out to their dealers

https://us17.campaign-archive.com/?u=8d08c4541d0dc85e514df15f4&id=91527d644e
Thanks. I'm in the UK not US and have already paid for the bike so I can't swap dealer anyway. Very frustrated!

Barnicles

Aug 8, 2020
Uk
Interesting. No they haven't contacted me a single time, I have had to chase for updates despite being told repeatedly they would be in touch.

Congrats on the bike. What model? They said my H15 was first on the list. If you got your bike surely the Spanish transport strike excuse doesn't hold up?

Thanks.

I ended up with a 2021 Trek rail 9.8 and am loving it.

Managed to get my deposit back from the shop also!

Again, it was the lack of communication that annoyed me. Fully aware that there's bigger supply issues and the shops hands are tied, but the least I would expect is an email with an explanation of any delays. To do nothing is really shitty customer service and doesn't install any confidence going forward.

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Spoke to my bike shop yesterday and was told they have 700 customers waiting to receive their bikes!
That's a long list to get through. Does make you wonder how any of them can keep going with such a backlog. I think I must have picked the worst possible time to order my first ebike so just hoping to catch at least a bit of summer weather to use it in this year.

benzy

Dec 1, 2021
California
Mine was delayed a few times, but finally came in mid March. For what it's worth the shop was actually surprised because most other pre orders were delayed until April.

If you want to make sure the bike is in the queue, they can probably show you their Obrea portal with your exact bike. It will give a code and delivery estimate. But my guess is your shop is legit and things are taking longer.

aforestfan

Jul 16, 2020
Swansea Australia
My H15 arrived 4 weeks early, Was due to be made on April 14th. But was shipped to Australia on April 1st. When i spoke to the importer he said it was due to all my parts were in stock. I upgraded the forks, shock & brakes. Was told there was a delay on the standard build.
But like most people say it will be well worth it when you finally get it.

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
yep ordered mine in jan with 2 different bike shops, and both have a deposit, and both said early April..... Here we are today, one said late may, but I think that was just a bs guess cause they really didn't know or ask; and the other one said any day now. So.... I guess I'll just wait an keep ordering invisiframe, tires, brakes, rotors, hope cranks, saddle, and a dropper if I can find an AXS.

Pistonbroke

Jan 10, 2022
Salford, Manchester
Blimey... Sounds like another 6 - 7 week wait for my Cube 160 then.
My 160 was stated as delivery week 13 , I have now been told week 32, I have seen on a few bike shops that they expect delivery around week 26, it’s anyones guess, I was looking at a Haibike as an alternative, but 2 separate shops told me to stick with the Cube as they would be delivered sooner. I am now going to hire bikes as and when I need them, until it arrives

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
My bike has now left spain via DHL and should be here soon. Funny thing is I today bought a new 2022 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 like the one in the picture, and at £5249 it's cheaper than an H15, which is considered quite a good value ebike.

What a crazy warped world of bicycle prices we are living in when a legit high quality small capacity motorbike is cheaper, seriously WTF.

husqvarna-svartpilen-401-2022-grey_532806.jpg

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Nice bike Longfellow78.
Seeing that really does hammer home how expensive bikes are…not just ebikes.
I just don’t know how they justify it? I suppose it’s just a case of ‘this is what they cost so if you want one, this is what you have to pay’. Bit like Lawyers😀.

benzy

Dec 1, 2021
California
To Orbea's credit, once you put XT brakes and cranks on the H15 it's pretty much a top spec MTB for about $1000-1500 more for the motor, battery and charger. Most other makers are charging $3000+ for the "e" part of eMTB. And some competitor pricing per spec is just confusing (psst Transition and yeti)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles