H series delayed until late April in UK

Smeer

Mar 2, 2020
Vancouver
I had ordered an H15 in January which was supposed to arrive end of February. Only a week later I was told that it would probably not be until April-May. I ended up finding an M20 in stock, and so, so, so happy with it. I’ve done 30+ km with 1500+ meters of elevation in BC, Canada (steep trails) without issue and lots of battery left. I’m sure I would have loved the H too, but I am glad to even have found a bike in stock.

benzy

Dec 1, 2021
California
For what it's worth, my H15 originally scheduled for Feb 22-28 has only been bumped to March 2-8. Shop told me the XT brake upgrades are bumping them to April/May.

dan_65338

Apr 6, 2020
Aberdeenshire
Mine arrived on Friday 1st Orange H15 in Scotland.

Changed quite a bit….

Wheels - DT Swiss EX511 X Hope Pro 4
Rim inserts - Rimpact
Rotors - Emtb 220mm front and rear
Saddle - Ergon
Frame protection- invisiframe

Still got M8150 cranks and Hope direct mount chainring to fit.

Weight after mods size L 22.5Kg which is mind blowing for the spec.

121B4A4B-EA13-4F81-9667-AD644154C312.jpeg

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire

Changed quite a bit….

Rim inserts - Rimpact
Saddle - Ergon

View attachment 83451
Nice bike but I'm shocked at the weight tbh. Are you sure your scale is right? That's significantly heavier than any other H rise I have seen and apart from the rimpact which is 260g I think you should be lighter than stock, as the stock wheels weigh an absolute ton. From everything I've seen you should be a kilo lighter than that. Really pissed at how Orbea misled customers about the weight though. They stated the H15 was "20kg" when in fact they are coming in around 21kg stock for medium. The large size increase is minimal. edit: I see you have an assegai - but even so, still heavier than it should be I think...

Fatsweaty

Sep 1, 2021
UK
If this is the standard, at that kind of weight may as well get a full powered ebike. Bit disappointing really for a bike down on torque and battery size to make use of its light weight . I might reconsider my order now , concerned kind of will be ending up chasing parts to reduce the weight to justify its reduced power. Pretty gutted .

Looks good btw , hope you can give us a ride report soon 👍👍

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent

Changed quite a bit….

Rim inserts - Rimpact
Saddle - Ergon

View attachment 83451
My old Vitus E-Sommet was 22kg

dan_65338

Apr 6, 2020
Aberdeenshire
My old Vitus E-Sommet was 22kg
It was a 2019 E-Sommet I had before and the way I had it built mine weighed 25kg. I tend to buy heavy parts that will last over lightweight components.

Just done my 1st ride on it, I’ve upped trail too 50Nm and was able to keep up with “full power” Ebikes no bother. Also climbed some real steep muddy climbs, with ease too. I wouldn’t worry about it being under powered, it’s only 10Nm less than e8000. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Overall I’m very happy with it, it’s super fast and planted but also likes to be thrown about. Very capable.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
It was a 2019 E-Sommet I had before and the way I had it built mine weighed 25kg. I tend to buy heavy parts that will last over lightweight components.

Just done my 1st ride on it, I’ve upped trail too 50Nm and was able to keep up with “full power” Ebikes no bother. Also climbed some real steep muddy climbs, with ease too. I wouldn’t worry about it being under powered, it’s only 10Nm less than e8000. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Overall I’m very happy with it, it’s super fast and planted but also likes to be thrown about. Very capable.
25kg!! Heavy Parts!! that’s crazy weight I had 2019 e-Sommet was well built & managed Morzine no issues & am 93kg kitted up

MOG

Feb 24, 2022
Abergavenny
I think it’s a lot more capable than just a trail bike,
Agreed. I have rattled mine down Golynos and Jurassic at Pontypool and on the weekend dropped a couple of big old drops in some FOD quarries. The bike is more capable than my 4 year old enduro sled ever was. Mine has 150 factory fork upgrade and a bigger front brake. Otherwise factory standard. Not really sure why people are buying these bikes and then spending a fortune trying to make them "even more enduro" :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles