Greetings from Sacramento, CA -- first time e-MTB owner with a Trek Fuel Exe and Orbea Rise...

CrashMaster

Aug 15, 2022
Sacramento, CA
Hello EMBTers!

My better half and I just picked up a Orbea Rise and a Trek Fuel EXe. Both are awesome bikes and we're really enjoying them.

I'm very thankful to have a resource such as this one. Fantastic, helpful content. I look forward to contributing and I look forward to all your advice, help and opinions.

Z71BAJA

Aug 13, 2022
San Diego
Welcome aboard….coming from another noob. Hope you enjoy the Fuel EXe….I’m in the market for one too but mostly for commuting purposes.

When I went to check them out at a bike shop the sales guy recommended the Orbea Rise H30 as alternate option.

Let us know how you like it.

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Hello EMBTers!

My better half and I just picked up a Orbea Rise and a Trek Fuel EXe. Both are awesome bikes and we're really enjoying them.

I'm very thankful to have a resource such as this one. Fantastic, helpful content. I look forward to contributing and I look forward to all your advice, help and opinions.

I owned a Rise for about 1 year. I just sold it and went all in on a Trek Fuel EXe. It will be here in 2 weeks. Do you have any reviews of the EXe?

CrashMaster

Aug 15, 2022
Sacramento, CA
I owned a Rise for about 1 year. I just sold it and went all in on a Trek Fuel EXe. It will be here in 2 weeks. Do you have any reviews of the EXe?
I like the TQ power system on the EXe... Very natural power delivery both applying power and tapering power off. It's very quiet and most of the time people don't even notice I'm on a eMTB. I like what's displayed on the on bike display -- all the normal interesting data like speed, distance, cadence, etc plus battery range estimate, and rider power and bike power applied. It's a nice setup.

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
Hello EMBTers!

i would be interested in your real world comparison of those two bikes. I have a Rise and am thinking of an EXe.

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Same! Would be nice to have some real life experiences!

Same! Would be nice to have some real life experiences!

if you want more natural ride with stealth looks, better display, and quiet motor, I’d say get the EXe. Otherwise, I’d say the Rise is jut as good or better in all areas.

If I was to do this again and it was available, it would be hard not to go for the new Rise with the 540 WH battery and DI2 shifting. That will be a really nice bike…..really nice And needs no upgrades. The New Shimano Linkglide drivetrain is going to be really good.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles