Gravity powered to electric power...

Swaussie

May 24, 2018
Switzerland
I am an Aussie but now live in Switzerland. My bike progression has been motocross and enduro motorcycles back in Aus when I was "young" but that was replaced by 15 years of downhill riding here in Europe.

Age and responsibilities mean I do less and less of the extreme stuff now but I am looking at possible replacements for my gravity assisted bikes - fun and fitness is what I am after as I still love nothing more than long flowing single trails.

My hope is to find a great enduro style e-mtb so I can enjoy both the up and the down, but as I am starting to find out, that's not am easy decision currently.

What recommendations would you give with the emphasis being on downhill style of riding?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Welcome - i would say your actually spoilt for choice as a good portion of EMTB's are aimed at the big hitting enduro side of the spectrum, with Bikes like the Specilaized Kenevo, Ghost Hybride SL AMR, Commencal Meta's, Vitus E-Sentier and loads more all being aimed at what you are looking for. Haibike even make and E-Downhill bike, and the Specialized Kenevo can take DH Forks.

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Welcome Swaussie .
I luv my Kenevo for DH , i cant fault it going down. It's pretty rapid when winching yourself back up as well.
Definitely recommend you test ride one
R120 suggested some great alternatives

Swaussie

May 24, 2018
Switzerland
Many thanks for the great replies guys! (y)

I am going to try and arrange a test ride with a Kenevo as it does seem to fit the bill... But there are so many great options available.

I am only an hour or so from Eurobike so I will go and take a look at what's coming later this year before I commit.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
I have the Vitus E-Sommet and it motors both up and downhill. Availability is an issue though and I think delivery to mainland Europe might be too

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles