Gone and Bought a New Bike Rack

Lee

Jun 11, 2019
Lancaster
Bought myself a new bike rack and i'm going to have great fun kitting it out, can't wait!
20190915_150011.jpg
20190915_145834.jpg

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
Bought myself a new bike rack and i'm going to have great fun kitting it out, can't wait!
View attachment 18627 View attachment 18628
Thats epic. Your new van is beautiful and can hold other stuff also, dont have to worry about backing into something with bikes on back rack, tearing bikes off on a top rack under a tree, someone driving hitting it from behind or everyone seeing the bling. With a toyota sienna I can put a levo 29er in without even taking off the front wheel, just lean it a bit sideways against the rear starboard side passenger seat and have the rear port side passenger seat out.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Jun 11, 2019
Lancaster
I haven't had much time to work on it so haven't progressed much, but I have replaced the internal side panels with my own that I made out of plywood, I prefer them to the originals that were like an MDF type material, the plywood is a lot stronger.

I've added 18mm hardwood ply floor as I anticipate wanting to fix to the floor when I add storage etc, this should make it easier.

Obviously I wanted to get out for a couple of rides so in the interim I got a BikeStow bike rack, I'm amazed at how well this rack works, the rack fastens in with supplied cargo straps at the rear, I've added bungees at the front, but don't think they are needed.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles